Ecotec timing chain tensioner failure - bad design causing catastrophic failure! - Page 3 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Ugh
Thursday, September 24, 2015 9:54 AM
Personally, when it comes to timing components I just buy from places like CED to make sure it's right. More expensive but for me it's worth the piece of mind. Plenty of people buy from ebay and amazon and never have trouble but that'll never be me. Also, look up the 3 ARP timing kit bolts that CED sells. They're worth the money IMO.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Thursday, September 24, 2015 10:11 AM
Thanks. I agree with you. I in fact was looking for the AC delco OE replacement instead. I will check it out now.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Friday, November 13, 2015 7:38 PM
Here it is for anyone needing where to find the ARP Timing Chain Bolt Kit as mentioned by Y3llowcav.

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/ARP-Ecotec-Timing-Chain-Tensioner-Bolt-Set-11588522R-P51044.aspx

Thursday, November 19, 2015 12:29 PM
or we can help MIKE DAVIS out. ennotechdesigns.com

Sunday, December 06, 2015 2:00 PM
Actually I was mistaken, I don't see the ARP Timing Chain Bolt Kit listed on his site, but doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

My question is: I can find the ARP bolts on Ebay for 18 shipped. CED includes 2 sleeves with the 3 ARP bolts for $50+shipping. Do I need the sleeves and where can I find them separately?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, December 06, 2015 2:02 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search