Secret Cam sticky. - Page 9 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Secret Cam sticky.
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 1:10 AM
^^^^^ I just replaced mine....

Friday, August 07, 2009 3:41 PM
on the tensioner, just depress it all the way in and it will click and "snap" onto the tensioner guide.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:08 PM
anybody have any 95 2.3 or older 2.4 cams (secret cams)?? my motors apart right now and this would be the perfect time to throw them in but i work during business hrs when the yards are open..

http://www.j-body.org/members/image/fknbasser/mp.jpg
Wednesday, January 13, 2010 12:51 PM
So for the exhaust I am a little confused. when im searching on car-parts.com I get 2 different cams that come up. Do I want the HO cam or the regular Cam

Monday, June 28, 2010 7:33 PM
Not to sound like a broken record but....... Ok...i know this question has been asked a hundred times already, but i just want to make sure i get the right cams...im looking for a 95 2.3(will the 95 2.3 in cav z24 suffice?) intake camshaft. And a 90-94 LD2 exhaust camshaft. I dont want to go to the junk yard and get the wrong cams. Answers appreciated, no rage please. And yes i read the first post in the thread but it doesnt make it quite clear as to exactly what camshafts are needed, part numbers dont mean anything to me unless i buy them new from gm(screw spending 600 bucks on stock cams, i would rather just buy performance cams for that price).

Monday, July 05, 2010 1:32 AM
Kyle... IIRC correctly you want just the regular 2.3 cam... the 2.3 high output wont fit in your 2.4 cam carrier.

Its been awhile since I've done this and if I did it again I'de have to re look up the years.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:34 AM
Can I run this swap with 10:5.1 CR? Has anyone done this before?
Thursday, February 17, 2011 9:32 AM
yes the higher compression ratio is only going to help these cams' effectivness.

id say go HO cams if you want real power though.

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:43 AM
i disagree... ive torn my engine down numerous times and left the driver side bolted up, i dont have a engine hoist and ive changed 2 head gaskets, im 19 years old believe me im not a master mechanic.. ld9's are just easy to work on as long as you know what you have to do
Wednesday, March 09, 2011 2:17 PM
?????
Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:24 PM
I have my engine out right now ready to go into the car in a few weeks, so obviously this would be the best time to put these in correct? also when on my engine mount, if i understand it correctly i have to tilt the engine 90 degrees? does it matter which way its tilted? as in forwards or backwards? stupid question but dont wanna find out the answer the wrong way haha. Thanks.

Friday, March 18, 2011 10:25 PM
I recently found a machine shop where i live and i was wondering what the specs are for a stage one or two Cam grind? My engine has no mods done to internaly...

Thursday, March 31, 2011 1:13 PM
Ok I'm more than likely in the wrong section but I have an
02 cavalier ohv 2.2sfi an I've searched but
I think I may have over looked the posts any way I was wondering
If any one has had any luck with a cam for that motor
I'm looking for some gains beyond external mods
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:01 PM
where can you find performance cams for an ld9?
Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:18 AM
LD9 people read this...LD9 Cams list
Kody Rose your asking about a LN2 cam in a LD9 post.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, July 08, 2011 1:49 AM
i have a 99 cav with a 2.4l and i was woundering if these are the only components i need to complete this upgrade.

24574239 Intake camshaft for LG0(95 2.3DOHC) $197.64
Monday, October 10, 2011 7:57 PM
People must not like to read the beginning of this sticky..haha
For sure gonna look into doing this!
Does anyone know what the power change is from the stocks though and how they like them?

Monday, October 10, 2011 9:28 PM
Since its a Monday night and i have no life i read through all 9 pages..haha,so please ignore my above question about the power change.
With my body having 169 k on it and not knowing if the engine has that many or less im just gonna gather all the parts to do it right so i don't have to go back to it again.
Thanks to all the guy's on here that know and have GOOD information!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:21 PM
hi guys i know this is a silly question and everyone has done it before, i am not actually confused, i do know cams that i have to buy in order to get the secret camshaft except in my case it is a little different īcause most likely i might be the only one member in the overseas, i have followed your forum since 2 years ago and every time i want to do a modification on my car i first check here īcause i consider that you all guys know alsmot everything about this engine, so here is my situation.

i live in panama, panama in central america and i do want to be the first here in doing the camshaft swap īcuase i think no one has done it before, the problem is that here in panama the 2.3 cavalier z24 never arrived, we jumped from the v6z24 to the ld9, and as many of you have already mentioned before that i need to get a intake camshaft from a 1995 2.3 and the exhaust one from any 2.3 from 90-94 excluding the HO, is it possible to only install the exhaust only due to the fact that the ld9 intake cams itīs very similar to the 1995 2.3 intake cam.

my apologies if my question it's silly but i do want to do this swap and i don't fine the camshaft on any automovil webpage i browse and non of my friend in usa are close to a junkyard to help me out. what do you recommend me guys
Monday, March 26, 2012 5:09 PM
I too am having a problem. Mine is more on the location of said exhaust cam. The original post lists the carrier casting number as 22542963. When i look under the hoods, all I can find are carriers with casting number 24572810. Is the cam under there the same as the one I'm actually looking for?
If that is the case, Ian Alveo, maybe I can get a second from the yard and ship it to you-you pay cost and shipping fees.....
Monday, March 26, 2012 7:35 PM
if you can do that a iīll really appriciate it 'cause there is no way for me to find it either on our little yards here in panama neither on ebay.
we only have to wait for someone to reply back to your question in that way if it is the same just let me know how much the people from the yard are charging you, and iīll get a po box from miami īcause we have that option here in panama with some companies and i'll give it to you, regarding with the money i'll most likely need like a saving a account # or an address i don't know somewhere where i can either deposit the money or to send you a moneygram or western union check for you to do me that favor.
thanks dude it you can do that for me

Saturday, August 11, 2012 10:19 PM
so lets say i wanted to change my cams in the sunfire. it has the ld9 of course. so theres gotta be two differnt year cams? cause ive seen videos on youtube and theres some people mentioning the w41 quad 4 cams. Can you just go to autozone and get the intake and exhaust cam or does one of the cams MUST be from a differnt year.sorrry if this is a stupid question. really just wanting to make sure first.
Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:56 AM
If i removed my p/s can i run the w41 (h.o cams) with out issues? Obviously with getting the cam towers and hp tuned.

99 cavy 2200 AUTO 14.884 @ 93.88 mph w/ a 1.920 60ft.

Civics are like tampons every pussy has one!

98 Neon R/T 15.2 @ 91mph W/a 2.4 60ft I HAVE i,h,e
see what next yr brings...
Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:07 AM
yes. there have been some that decided to just run without the PS.

trust me though, its a bitch to drive without it.

ps, w41 and HO cams are different.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search