LS 4 swap? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LS 4 swap?
Friday, December 20, 2013 3:47 PM
Has anyone here thought or doing a swap to a 5.3 LS4 from a Grand Prix or Impala? It seems it should fit as it occupies same space as 3800 and shares same bellhousing pattern.Got me thinking.......!

Re: LS 4 swap?
Friday, December 20, 2013 4:12 PM
it has been talked about but to my knowledge nobody has done it. if I had the money I would be doing a ls4 swap, but not only is budget screwing me so is the fact that my lady starts school on the 13 January so my car has to be running by then :/ but im in I have extensive knowledge about the ls platform and a ls4 j would destroy everything espally with a gt-2-3 lingenfelter sleeper cam headers exhaust lsxr 102 set up set of rollers double roller chain sound like a stock ls with exhaust but be wayyyyy more nasty!!! super sleeper!

I Love My J ♡
Friday, December 20, 2013 7:38 PM
We had a theoretical build pretty much all planned out, but no one had the time, space or money to do it. We were thinking that it would require an electric water pump, as the pulley would probably not fit in the engine bay without serious structural modifications, and you would have to find some way to mount the starter, as it is backwards on the fwd LS4's.

The previous discussion thread

Friday, December 20, 2013 11:39 PM
Starter won't be too big of an issue. Just look at fiero.nl for the f23/ ls4 swaps or the f40 ls4 swaps. They show you exactly how to do it.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Friday, December 20, 2013 11:44 PM
There should be no issue with the slim drive set up on the ls4 the pump doesnt patrude out like all other ls engines

I Love My J ♡
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search