one side has more power? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
one side has more power?
Friday, March 21, 2014 5:56 PM
so it got warmer and i started doing some burn outs and i noticed only one side smokes and theres a black line on the road from only one side. is it possible that the other wheel isnt getting the power it should so its not spinning with the intensity like it should? possibly the cv axle doesnt catch right and doesnt spin my wheel?

Re: one side has more power?
Friday, March 21, 2014 6:06 PM
Its how our trans works..
Friday, March 21, 2014 6:45 PM
Our cars have a open diff stock. So the wheel with least resistance will spin.

LSD can fix that.

FU Tuning

Friday, March 21, 2014 7:39 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:Our cars have a open diff stock. So the wheel with least resistance will spin.

LSD can fix that.

Or boost.

I can spin both and i havent had the tranny out of the car.

Friday, March 21, 2014 8:27 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:Our cars have a open diff stock. So the wheel with least resistance will spin.

LSD can fix that.

Or boost.

I can spin both and i havent had the tranny out of the car.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the amount of 2 wheel peels I've been able to pull off with the stock tranny. In 2 weeks I'll never have to wonder again

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, March 21, 2014 10:15 PM
Its called limited slip, there are possi traction kits that can be bought and installed into the tranny. You notice the guys saying they can do both are ones that have done big mods to their cars. Its how the car work stock is limited slip diffs.
Saturday, March 22, 2014 5:36 AM
Also the tranny. Getrags do a much better job spinning both tires. The isuzu does not do as well. I also feel that is why the isuzu likes to explode diffs.

FU Tuning

Saturday, March 22, 2014 11:45 AM
My car will spin both, however sometimes you can tell by the marks that are on the pavement that one spun harder than the other. Its pretty equal usually and this trans is just a junkyard one I threw in (i broke the one with my TG insert in it :/ ).

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Saturday, March 22, 2014 11:42 PM
My car spins both tires more than not as well. Nothing is wrong with your car man no worries!! :-)

I Love My J ♡
Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:35 AM
arthur Pietrzak wrote:is it possible that the other wheel isnt getting the power it should so its not spinning with the intensity like it should?
This is exactly what's happening, and as said, it's normal for an open differential. A limited slip insert will improve this, as it forces more power to the other wheel instead of letting the one side get most of the power. A jack shaft will also help slightly. The two together will make a big difference in overall performance and driveability. These items will not only keep that one wheel from spinning (unless you make a lot of power, it will result in you not being able to burn out the way you currently do, because both of your wheels are now pulling the car forward--the whole purpose of the LSD insert), but you will get less torque steer (when you get on the gas, you notice the car pulls to one side?).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search