Performance Parts - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Performance Parts
Thursday, May 08, 2014 2:39 PM
Has anyone ever ordered something like the Eagle Connecting Rods CRS5765C3D and other parts that weren't listed from performance sites such as Turbotechracing.com, jbodyperformance or ZZ Performance? Just wanted to ask here before I ask any sites as not sure if they would purchase like that. I have tried contacting one site called tmotorsports but have yet to receive an answer.

Re: Performance Parts
Thursday, May 08, 2014 3:59 PM
This is the same thing, just different begining prefix:

http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=768

In stock too, ready to ship.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Friday, May 09, 2014 9:22 AM
Thanks. I know that is in stock but something that isn't listed such as the Clevite rod bearings model CB-1827H, (which shows on a couple sites I have seen for a set of 4 listed from $17-$50 US). Only reason I asked for the H model is that I have the Eagle Crankshaft and Eagle recommends those be used and its hard finding a site that offers both and will reply to emails that I have sent. I tried ordering them from Autoplicity and got burned for those bearings, the Eagle connecting rods, a fuel and oil filter, as they said they had everything in stock (I also live in Canada which I expect to pay a bit more for shipping) but when they decided to fill my order they only filled the fuel and oil filter and that ended up costing me over triple what it would have cost to order them locally even though they did refund the amount I paid for the other 2 items. The only reason I did order them online as the cost including shipping was cheaper than purchasing locally but after removing the items it made the cost way more and they tried giving me some B.S. excuse and even tried offering me to refund my money by sending back the filters (cost of shipping back was on me) but the intial shipping charge was non refundable. I asked them why I would pay a shipping charge there and back for 2 items and have nothing to show for it. I said it would be like me giving $65.00 to someone and having nothing to show for it. I said I don't know who would be happy with a transaction like that and if they were happy they must have money to throw away. I didn't research them for reviews and after I looked it seems they get a lot of bad reviews.

From what I have heard TTR is a reputable company to deal with and have not heard anything bad about them. I am just trying to save a little on shipping by using 1 company instead of multiple ones as each shipping price is around $25 and up.
Friday, May 09, 2014 3:03 PM
Wierd.. I bought from them last week and had no issues, which eagle crank do you have?

Monday, May 12, 2014 1:41 PM
Who was it that you bought from and what was it that you had purchased? I have the Eagle 2237245765R crank and unfortunately I was not able to get bearings through TTR although they were very swift in their response to my inquiry. I was able to get the bearings and Eagle rods through another online retailer though so glad on that. I made sure before I ordered that they would be able to get them. Now I will wait until they come and order more stuff after that. I am fixing family vehicle as well as learning on this one to properly tune using HP Tuners.
Monday, May 12, 2014 1:52 PM
nice, I ordered something from Autoplicity...

Also where did you get the crank? I was looking for one but couldnt find one with the crank ring... just bought one here locally from Roush for 100 bucks without.

Monday, May 12, 2014 7:34 PM
I bought it off another member here as I called every where when I decided that I wanted to modify my vehicle. I let one slip by as one was sold on here and wasn't going to let that happen again.

I wanted an Atomic turbo manifold and was trying to get one that was being sold here but I wasn't serious enough and lost it. Ever since then I make sure that the seller knows I am serious about buying an item so it doesn't get sold on me again.

I was talking with RDFabs about possibly getting a manifold but I am real iffy about the bottom mount one as I live in a gated community with a slight bump coming in making it difficult to get out.

As for Autoplicity well they won't be getting my business anymore as not willing to waste money again. Rockauto has solid so I will be using them for general stuff. As for performance well I will have to see how things go.
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 11:06 PM
I got some of the earl's parts I ordered today and they put some coupon money in there but I wish I had known they were going to do that as I had already placed my order for rods and bearings. I like it when surprises like that are in the box almost as much as the parts. Lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search