LD9 coolant flow restrictor - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LD9 coolant flow restrictor
Thursday, July 17, 2014 6:39 AM
so i just got finish with my t04e ld9 build and noticed something my built engine doesnt have the factory coolant flow restrictor in the block behind the water pump im just looking to add a external one any ideas (before pump or after the plastic water outlet)
i can upload pics if no one knows what im talking about.... i know its needed to add efficiency to the system

Re: LD9 coolant flow restrictor
Thursday, July 17, 2014 10:19 AM
Why did you remove the stock one?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:54 PM
did not know they had a restrictor.

FU Tuning

Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:01 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:did not know they had a restrictor.
I didn't notice it until I looked at my spare block...this block is originally from my 35r build when I was at sinclair originally we put it into a giant furnace and then shot peened it did all the rest of machine work...when it running it had severe temperature problems it matter what I did it didn't want to stay in the normal range after some bearing damage I just had to pull it back apart and checked all was good so I decided I was going to use it

it was only recently when I called my former high-performance teacher at sinclair and asked him about my cooling issues see that I'm putting it together now he asked me if I had the factory coolant restrictor in it until then I didn't know they had one upon inspection of my other block there is a pressed in metal flow restrictor... he and I concluded that it must have fallen out in the furnace or the shot peener

long story short the new engine sitting inside the car & I really dont feel like pulling it back out the pop in a new one if I can find one

I've been looking on other forums and noticed other guys are a flow restrictor.. using it for race cars and everything else that does not have a thermostat or has a thermostat but has low efficacy in the cooling system

sorry for the novel I'm doing this all from my phone and I figured I give you all back story

Friday, July 18, 2014 7:13 AM
So your looking for a "Water Flow Restrictor Plate."

Maybe something like this?
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Water-Flow-Restrictor-1-3-4-Inch,21689.html

PRND321 Till I DIE
Friday, July 18, 2014 11:39 AM
I took the restrictor plate off the red Dragon to give it more juice, but it's not exactly street legal so keep it on the down low.

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Friday, July 18, 2014 5:53 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:So your looking for a "Water Flow Restrictor Plate."

Maybe something like this?
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Water-Flow-Restrictor-1-3-4-Inch,21689.html

Yeah perfect

Friday, July 18, 2014 6:57 PM
Used one on in the dads 302 in his T-Bucket.

Worked well once we figured out the right size.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search