ecotec l61 rebuild - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec l61 rebuild
Monday, August 04, 2014 3:56 PM
Ok may can had 140000 miles on it and burning 1qt of oil every 300 miles. So I got super tech valve train stock size valves their springs and retainers guides and seals. Put them in a ported head on a bored 1.00mm block the pistons have coated skirts and polished crowns. It's nothing special but I did add a obx lsd that has been rebuilt with a new stock clutch.
It runs ok so far I only have 62miles on it so far but wow it doesn't feel like my cavalier any more. It's punchy and responsive. Oh yeah I did clean up the sub frame and added some bracing to the inside of it and fully welded the sub frame as well all the uni body gussets from the firewall forward. It so tight n punchy but that differential is amazing. No more inside tire spinning it just claws it's way out of corners like no other fwd I have driven. If you are doing a clutch spend the money on some type of lsd it's so worth it. Oh and this is just a work car for me now but it's very fun to drive I had to share it with you guy's

see ya!

Re: ecotec l61 rebuild
Wednesday, August 06, 2014 9:22 AM
+1 on the obx LSD. It's one of the best mods you can do IMO. Especially if you autox.

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 2:52 PM
I really notice the lsd in the wet. So far so good my car always got into a corner good but pushed bad from the apex out. But now it claws it's way out of the corner and you can be more accurate with the exit. I was just trying to make a great commuter car with a little bit of performance not a twisty road killer.

see ya!

Friday, August 08, 2014 4:49 AM
My sedan acted the same way before the LSD... Grip in, push out. With the LSD, I had a bit of push on corner entry till I added some camber. Now it's just grip all the way through. The more throttle on exit, the more it digs in.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search