header ideas? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
header ideas?
Tuesday, November 25, 2014 4:12 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone makes a hood/fender exit header for the ecotec? Or any companies that you can have custom make one?

Re: header ideas?
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:52 AM
Only one I know of is Brandon Fetter. He made his shoot right outside the driver fender, and not only does it serve its purpose, it looks absolutely AMAZING.

There are no companies "making" them for us, basically you'll have to fabricate that type of stuff yourself or see if a local person can handle it for you. With something like that its going to need to be pretty specific because there are so many different variants of turbo manifolds/headers and or turbo options that doing an "off the shelf" type deal simply isn't very possible.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Re: header ideas?
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 12:52 PM
While I personally see little gain in the fender/hood exit header.

What I'd do, If I wanted such a thing, is find an 'ebay special' turbo manifold make sure the turbo flange is pointed up and from that I'd go out the hood.

At least I see that as the easiest. way to do it.

I'd not do a fender exit, too much work for me, having to cut holes threw the engine bay and fender and such.
Plus it might look good but it's a lot heavier and more complex then dumping it out the hood.
The B-series Honda guys do it mostly because it gives them a short exhaust with the side mounted turbos they sometimes run.
Brandon's Cavalier, if I remember right, had a very long exhaust to go for that look.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, December 10, 2014 12:52 PM

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search