Need Head PnP - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Head PnP
Monday, December 29, 2014 7:52 PM
Is there anyone that is can do a good port and polish? I want the exhaust side gasket matched, chambers polished etc. Looking for a willing body that as a price and estimated turn around time .

**Note I have started on it some already, but my new job doesnt give me the time to do it anymore unfortuneately

Im not always on here, best contact is email or phone, or JBI.
levi.weuve@gmail.com

Re: Need Head PnP
Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:20 AM
Levi,

What type of head do you need ported? 2200?

Thursday, January 01, 2015 1:37 AM
out of curiosity Jason, what would you charge for a balls out completely gasket matched PnP taking the head as far as possible? I have a spare 2.2 (95-97) head.
Thursday, January 01, 2015 2:48 PM
Matthew Cates wrote:out of curiosity Jason, what would you charge for a balls out completely gasket matched PnP taking the head as far as possible? I have a spare 2.2 (95-97) head.
that's a loaded question. A good flowing head will be let down what the intake manifold can flow and the header/manifold. What rpm do you want peak hp is this na or boosted application. Do you have a target static compression ratio?

see ya!

Thursday, January 01, 2015 3:10 PM
Very much a loaded question.... I am looking at two separate builds right now... as the car sits it has an old Pacesetter header, a universal spectre intake, and a ported head by a local machine shop that doesn't deal with import engines.... so they treated it like any other chevy head. They said they went mild on it but it made a world of difference compared to stock. The build that I'm finishing up on right now is a high comp N/A build. I bought new valve springs and rockers, as well as all the necessary parts to do the upgrade.... and for the higher comp.. well its all the original 95' block and head... so we are boring out the block .030 and putting 98' - up pistons in it. This spare head I'm contemplating getting work done so I can eventually boost this thing... as it is now it very much like revving to redline, but I still haven't got a tune or the limiters raised or removed yet. I guess if I had a goal RPM wise I would like to rev safely to 7k all day, and 7500 on occasions like race days and such.. whatever is possible.
Thursday, January 08, 2015 8:38 PM
jason norwood wrote:Levi,

What type of head do you need ported? 2200?

LD9 good sir

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search