AN ECOTEC KNOWLEDGEABLE MACHINE SHOP - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AN ECOTEC KNOWLEDGEABLE MACHINE SHOP
Monday, April 13, 2015 12:43 PM
I live in Ashland KY which is on the border of Ohio and West Virginia and I would like to find an ecotec knowledgeable machine shop who actually works on these blocks and heads on a regular basis. The shops around here are really not knowledgeable on these motors and always need specs on this and that to machine them. I would like to find a shop who knows these things already and can help me decide what works best with what and certain combinations and etc. I'm willing to make a trip if its worth my time. Any shop names and addresses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I NEED TO TUNE MY CAR?

Re: AN ECOTEC KNOWLEDGEABLE MACHINE SHOP
Monday, April 13, 2015 1:06 PM
If you eventually end up shipping, Fred at SMG Motoring builds these motors for a living. He definitely has the info you need and the means to do a proper job. I hang out there a lot, he's a good dude.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, April 16, 2015 11:17 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:If you eventually end up shipping, Fred at SMG Motoring builds these motors for a living. He definitely has the info you need and the means to do a proper job. I hang out there a lot, he's a good dude.
If I wan an ECOTEC guy, he would be one of my go to guys / shops. Fred is also a great guy to deal with.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:42 PM
Thanks guys, I guess I gotta start looking for a new car too since some guy ran a stop sign and t-boned me yesterday. I havent got to look the car over yet cause im so damn sore and cant hardly move! My car didnt have a rust spot anywhere including underneath and just turned 90,000 miles! Im so pissed right now.
Attachments
20150415_131653.jpg (1434k)

Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:16 PM
Aww man that sucks.

Friday, April 17, 2015 10:02 AM
Yeah, it sux bad! I guess i'll be in the market for another 03-05 5sp cavy as soon as the insurance settles with me. If anyone knows of a car for sale please let me know....Thanks

Monday, April 20, 2015 8:39 AM
pm sent
Thursday, May 21, 2015 1:16 PM
Hey John, Glad to see a local guy on here and thanks for the pm you sent me. I have since bought a built car from Illinois and don't need any machine work at the time. Hell, I didn't know Jess Franz had a machine shop in flatwoods, I grew up there. I just took and had my sheet metal intake welded up there the other day. I'm also glad they mess with ecotecs thanks to you I'm told! Anyway i'll pm you my phone number and maybe get yours. I'll post some pics of my car as soon as I shrink them down to fit on here.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search