ported head, high flow valves, indexed plugs, rough idle, choppy acceleration up to 2k rpm - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ported head, high flow valves, indexed plugs, rough idle, choppy acceleration up to 2k rpm
Friday, November 20, 2015 7:52 PM
I have a 2000 Z24 2.4 automatic. I blew up the engine about 2 months ago but I had another engine laying around so I rebuilt it - ported the head, polished the combustion chamber,bored the block 20 over (rusted cylinder bore), installed undercut swirl polished valves, all new bearings, gaskets, rings, and pistons, and indexed the plugs. My exhaust flex collector is broken.Today I fired it up and it is running rough, and it has choppy acceleration. I suspect I may need bigger fuel injectors has anyone els done this and had these results? What was the cause?

I just cant drive 55

Re: ported head, high flow valves, indexed plugs, rough idle, choppy acceleration up to 2k rpm
Saturday, November 21, 2015 3:04 AM
I'm guessing it needs tuned and motor isn't broken in. If today was the first start your rings are sealed, get some miles on it.

FU Tuning

Re: ported head, high flow valves, indexed plugs, rough idle, choppy acceleration up to 2k rpm
Monday, November 23, 2015 8:47 AM
Thanks.

I just cant drive 55
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search