LK9 head on L61 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LK9 head on L61
Wednesday, March 04, 2015 5:16 PM
hey guys im looking to put a lk9 head on my l61 eco and my question is how do i make the coil on plug setup work what/ where do i need to splice and wiring diagrams? let me know i know it has been done and im sure is pretty straight forward thanks guys!! and btw the reason im putting the head on is because i picked up a complete LK9 minus turbo for 100 bucks if anyone needs anything i have the saab turbo intake and exhuast manifold and a bunch of other stuff let me know

Car Specs

-98 eco swapped coupe
-05 ecotec motor and 5 spd with 20k
-Saab high pressure turbo setup
-60 lb injectors
-aeromotive 340lph fuel pump
-2.5" turbo back exhaust
-HP Tuned

Re: LK9 head on L61
Wednesday, March 04, 2015 6:19 PM
To use the saab head you need a bloc off plate for the rear cam. I mad my own. You need t cut down the l61 coils or wire the lk9 coils for wasted spark. You need to figure out the pcv as it is in a different spots. I'm running the lk9 manifold with the lk9 pcv. You need to reroute the overflow line. You also need the saab cam alignment tools. I tried using keyed cam gears and it didn't work another member said it worked perfect but I have yet to see it in person as I tried several times and the valves would hit the pistons. Stabs don't use keyed cam gears. The tool for the b207r is $240. The low pressure and high pressure use different tools because they have different cams and about cannot interchange the tools as they bolt onto the cam.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, March 04, 2015 6:52 PM
I have a friend who is a Saab mechanic with all the tools to mount te head and deal with cams I knew they required a tool as he already told me the only part I need help with is the wiring of the lk9 coils
Thursday, March 05, 2015 4:14 PM
Damn I know I've seen this schematic before but I can't find it now.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, November 22, 2015 2:12 PM
What about LK9 Intake manifold to L61 head? Can it be done easily? I can get a new one for CHEAP!

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search