L61 adjust cams with comp turbo cams? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
L61 adjust cams with comp turbo cams?
Friday, January 14, 2011 9:24 AM
just a quick question, is it recommended to advance/retard the camshafts when i install the comp turbo cams? are they already cut to where they should be right for most boosted 2.2 ecos? i want to get the most out of the engine and i know it won't be necessary, but i do want to have reliability seeing as it is my daily driver.

Re: L61 adjust cams with comp turbo cams?
Friday, January 14, 2011 9:35 AM
I don't have any personal testing, but most seem to have good luck with them straigt up. IIRC, they are basically stage 1 grind with less duration and hence less overlap.

It is when you get into stage 2/3 on a turbo car that you benefit highly from adj cam gears and taking some overlap out...

Friday, January 14, 2011 10:13 AM
that's what i was hoping for. I already have the stage 1 in there and was just trying to find an easier way to get setup right for boost. would it be possible to just retard the intake or advance the exhaust so i don't get the valve overlap and make the stage 1s efficient for boost?
Friday, January 14, 2011 11:23 AM
I would say yes. I think you can still get adj cam gears cheaper than a new set of cams.

Wednesday, December 02, 2015 11:24 AM
I already have a set of COLT stage 2 NA cams. I wanna build the block for turbo and put in set of turbo cams with a built head for now (stock block). Can I get good use of these turbo cams with a built head, stock block and compression NA motor? I would build a low compression block and turbo it still having the right cams, that would be ideal.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search