500 hp turbo 2.4 ld9 where to get parts? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
500 hp turbo 2.4 ld9 where to get parts?
Thursday, November 10, 2016 12:29 PM
hey guys, my still end goal with funds not being a problem now i have aquired a 2000 grand am se 2.4 ld9 5 speed car and im wanting to do a build similiar to spyhunters grand am and im having trouble sourcing parts. i already have HO cams and valvesprings and turbo manifold but im kinda wanting to do a secret cam setup, nut does anyone know where to source out performance parts for the LD9 as far as valves springs pistons heads intake manifold etc...? thanks

Re: 500 hp turbo 2.4 ld9 where to get parts?
Thursday, November 10, 2016 3:02 PM
Pistons-Weisco
Rods- Eagle
Intake manifold- Custom, or HO manifold.
Valves- a little harder, going to have to shop around.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 9:45 PM
okay do you know anyone who makes a custom intake manifold for the 2.4 on the forums or around? and as far as valve train goes is their a company in mind who could make custom valves springs lifters etc... ? thanks
Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:35 AM
pontiacgt 500 wrote:okay do you know anyone who makes a custom intake manifold for the 2.4 on the forums or around? and as far as valve train goes is their a company in mind who could make custom valves springs lifters etc... ? thanks

I do not know any company's making custom intake manifolds for the LD9. Most people use the 2.3 HO manifold. It has proven to do well.

Springs if you search on here a few options exist, that is not custom made.

FU Tuning

Monday, November 28, 2016 2:32 PM
Hahn race craft still makes intake manifold for, I think, $550 per piece. Not really a budget piece. :S Have you tried ZZP?
Monday, November 28, 2016 2:34 PM
Ah crap. LD9 isn't an ecotec!! That's a quad 4!! How stupid of me!
Monday, December 19, 2016 8:47 PM
Valves are easier than pie to get. They are actually available off the shelf from sivalves.com. Stainless oem size, or stainless 1mm oversized.

If you can convince Brandon Fetter to make you an intake, I would. His have seen 450+whp.

Secret cams are a waste for a build such as this. They aren't really worth a damn for even N/A, let alone a 500hp goal. Ho cams have been proven time and time again to be amazing for boost as well as N/A. Use them. You wont regret it. The secret cams aren't a matched setup and while yes, sound good on paper, aren't going to get you where you want to be. They were always good for a bump for a stock engine but that was a decade ago when people were afraid to use HO cams.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Wednesday, December 21, 2016 10:32 AM
HO cams seem like the best bang for your buck, for a turbo build, unless you want custom cams....and those are becoming more and more of a pain to obtain.

Also, I'm your guy for ARP hardware.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search