what I have to do to make a stroker - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what I have to do to make a stroker
Friday, April 28, 2017 7:40 AM
OK how can I make a 2.2 ecotec head work on a 2.4 ecotec block to make a stroker motor I dirt race and have a 04 sunfire and trying to make a stroker or a hybrid I know it's been done a guy has done it around my area that races and he fast and hard to beat I'm trying to found out the fast and easiest way to do this with out putting a bunch of money or changing a lot of stuff over to make it work

Re: what I have to do to make a stroker
Tuesday, May 02, 2017 10:03 PM
I'm building one now. I used a 08 Cobalt 2.2 head and put it on a LE5 short block. I changed the crank sensor tone ring. Put the 08 2.2 on the 12 LE5 crank. looks like everything should work using the reprogrammed 2.2 ECU. I'll know in a couple of weeks in it works. Looks good on paper
Wednesday, May 03, 2017 7:37 PM
Is there any way to do this with a head that has power steering capability not electronic assist?
Thursday, May 04, 2017 7:36 PM
Search for the "freak-o-tec" from Oldskool.

Basically just slap the head on and run L61(2.2 Eco) timing kit and cams.

Friday, May 05, 2017 5:36 PM
usually you stroke it.

FU Tuning

Friday, June 02, 2017 11:42 AM
Matt Griffin wrote:Is there any way to do this with a head that has power steering capability not electronic assist?

Yes. Use the 03-05 J-body L61 head or just bolt the pump onto the LSJ head.

FYI, swapping the 2.4L Eco(LE5) short block does not make it a "stroker". You are swapping engine, not changing the stroke of the short block that is in the car. Same way that swapping a 305 SBC for a 350 SBC is just an engine swap, not a stroker build.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search