RKSport Cat-back Install question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RKSport Cat-back Install question
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:35 PM
This past weekend I installed the RKSport single Cat-Back on my 98 Cav 2200 . I played around with the positioning for a bit and have about 6.5 inches of clearance (stock suspension) from the lowest point of the exhaust. It doesnt seem to tuck up as good as the stock exhaust, of coarse it is larger piping. In any case anyone with this setup get better clearance or is that as good as I should expect. Its not too big of a deal now but I had planned on installing the EIBACH Sportline lowering kit and KYB Struts in the near future.

Re: RKSport Cat-back Install question
Monday, February 28, 2005 9:16 PM
should use Koni's if ur gonna drop ur car on sportlines

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:09 AM
my catback lowest point is about 4 or 5" from the ground and i'm dropped on KYBs and Eibach pro kit.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback all.
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 2:32 PM
ok i got a question that i coulnt find the answer 2 when i searched ok i hope the pic helps with my answer.. i wanna no which piece of the exhaust the short or long 1 fits 2 the cat! in other words how it all hooks 2gether! i have an 05 cavy with the ecotec! doesnt the resonator get replaced right! i just need 2 no if i use all the pieces or what since its for the 2.2 and 2.4 engines! ne help would be appreciated!

heres a pic of the exhaust! which piece gets used in my app. he shorter or longer one on the right of the pic! Thanks!!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 2:37 PM
^^Only one of those will fit, the exhaust is made for the different motors. I think I used the longer one but either way, only one will fit.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 2:39 PM
the short and the long depend on the year of your car and the motor

the long is for the 2.3 2.4 and eco , and the 2200 from late 98-02

the short is for the 95-early 98

if anyone has a extra long piece , i need 1

i think the clearence on mine is as close to the bodt as i could get , i got my system used , and the muffler was tack welded to the pipe , and ive been to lazy to cut the tack weld , but i havent had any clearence issues

also on the 98 older systems do not use a mounting point just foward of the rear axle , but the hanger is there on the rk piping , it will help with ground clearence to use that mounting point

all you need is the factory hanger (it comes with the rubber) i think its like 15-20 bucks from the dealer new , and then you need a bolt and nut to attach it to the body , the hole is already there for it to mount to

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 2:39 PM
05xtremecav wrote:ok i got a question that i coulnt find the answer 2 when i searched ok i hope the pic helps with my answer.. i wanna no which piece of the exhaust the short or long 1 fits 2 the cat! in other words how it all hooks 2gether! i have an 05 cavy with the ecotec! doesnt the resonator get replaced right! i just need 2 no if i use all the pieces or what since its for the 2.2 and 2.4 engines! ne help would be appreciated!

heres a pic of the exhaust! which piece gets used in my app. he shorter or longer one on the right of the pic! Thanks!!

Yes you place the longer one after the cat, The shorter one isnt made for your car...
that peice will be leftover

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 2:44 PM
ok thats what i thought but wasnt sure thanks guys !!
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 2:53 PM
ok i have another quick question y do u guys say this system needs a resonator what will it affect! thanks
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 6:45 PM
cause its obnoxious with out 1 , ive got

and it had alot of bee buzzz in a coffee can when cold

once i added a high flow cat and a header , it went past loud to obnoxious loud

it doesnt help that the muffler is 2 1/4" inlet , and 2 3/4" outlet

the resonator will quiet the exhaust up some , and kill the bee buzz

Thursday, December 29, 2005 6:43 PM
will a header from pacesetter or weapon r .....make for a loader exhaust then? if so ...how much more than stock?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search