Hydro Lock - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hydro Lock
Friday, January 27, 2006 7:24 PM
What are the chances on a daily driver with a short-ram style intake kit? I just installed the kit and We get alot of heavy downpours here. The filter is located right in front of the strut tower.

Does the kit have to be fully submerged to pull water into the engine? Or if it gets slightly wet can hydro lock still occur?

Re: Hydro Lock
Friday, January 27, 2006 7:30 PM
u would have to suck up a puddle, which would only happen if you had a cold air intake. you dont have to worry about anything. your short ram will be perfectly fine

Friday, January 27, 2006 7:34 PM
Cool. Thanks for clearing it up. I have only mild performance mods and my #1 concern is reliability when it comes to moddifications.

Thanks again.
Saturday, January 28, 2006 6:56 AM
Rob Smith wrote:What are the chances on a daily driver with a short-ram style intake kit? I just installed the kit and We get alot of heavy downpours here. The filter is located right in front of the strut tower.

Does the kit have to be fully submerged to pull water into the engine? Or if it gets slightly wet can hydro lock still occur?

You'd pretty much hacve to submerge the engine compartment inorder to hydrolock it, at which point, hydrolock is the least of your problems.

Saturday, January 28, 2006 7:31 AM
What do you guys think about the Pre-Filters that K&N makes? I was looking into getting a nylon one to repel small dust and bits of water. Does anyone have one of those?
Saturday, January 28, 2006 7:41 AM
I'd rather just buy the K&N filter itself because regardless of wether or not you get dust on it you can just pull it off, clean it, and slap the thing back on and its a couple extra horse, i love those filters if it were me i'd pass on the pre-filter

Saturday, January 28, 2006 7:54 AM
i hydrolocked in october and actually managed to snap 3 rods. however... i was under about 2 feet of water with a CAI and dropped 2 and 1/2"

http://www.sc2sick.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search