Autozone Intake - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Autozone Intake
Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:22 PM
I went to Autozone today, and I ran across this product that is essentially a "build your own intake" kit. It's got different types of tubing you can buy, elbow bends, different straight lengths, etcetera. I was curious to see if anybody had used these before to build themselves an intake, and how it worked out, or if anybody recommends against it, because I feel like it would be cheaper to build one like that, and I could be sure it would fit. Thanks.

Re: Autozone Intake
Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:59 PM
All the parts are made of plastic. I have seen a few cars come into my work, and they are cracked and some are melted.

Still cheaper to pick up a 2.4 intake from eBay and modify it.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:48 PM
I'm glad you told me that. I just had a quick glance, and they looked to be made of metal, I probably would have bought a few pieces to play around with if I had the money to. I don't know how one would modify a 2.4 intake to fit an Eco, seeing as how I'm new to cars in general, could you elaborate please? Thanks.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 2:01 PM
Quote:

I don't know how one would modify a 2.4 intake to fit an Eco, seeing as how I'm new to cars in general, could you elaborate please? Thanks.

two threads about the same thing is sort of against the rules here. try to keep em in one next time

just buy an intake for an ecotec, it isn't worth the hassle, especially if you're new to cars and don't really know what you're doing.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 2:14 PM
Yeah, I realized that I had that other post right after I made this one And like I said in the other thread, I'm sticking to name brand now. Thanks guys.

On a completely separate and nut-swinging note, I love what you've done with your car PJ, and I'm honored to get a reply from you

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search