Computer upgrade to use HP Tuners - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Computer upgrade to use HP Tuners
Saturday, August 04, 2007 10:18 PM
I tried to find some theads related to this. I thought I remembered someone doing it a year ago. I am really debating either going MegaSquit 2, or getting HP tuners. I currently have a 95 2.2 ohv motor, and the 95 computer.

I haven't made a decision either way, but was wondering how hard it would be to switch my car's computer to a 97 computer, so I can use HP tuners. I figure I would obviously have to get a 97 2.2 ecu. Then, ofcourse i'd have to get a engine harness for a 97 ecu, because my ecu has 2 plugs, and the 97 ecu has 4 plugs so I know they are different harnesses. (does GM sell entire harnesses?) I am hoping the Knock sensor would be the same, and as I understand it, i can delete the second O2 sensor inside HP Tuners, so I wouldn't get a check engine light by not adding a second O2 sensor.

Re: Computer upgrade to use HP Tuners
Saturday, August 04, 2007 10:37 PM
I just pulled a 97 ECu out of my car (fried), and its only 2 plugs...

black and blue connectors, 80 pin

Should just be plug and play as far as I know.

Sunday, August 05, 2007 6:59 AM
All 97's and up have 2 plugs, 96 and 95 were the only two 3rd gen years with 3 plugs.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, August 05, 2007 6:54 PM
Shifted wrote:All 97's and up have 2 plugs, 96 and 95 were the only two 3rd gen years with 3 plugs.

Hmm, my 95 ECU has two plugs on it (1995 2.2 ohv Automatic). I had seen a 97 ecu, and could have swore it had 4 plugs. It had two rows, with what looked like 4 plugs. Perhaps it was two plugs, but that would mean the singular plug was twice as long as the two on my ecu.

Perhaps I was wrong.

Monday, August 06, 2007 11:59 AM
Yeah im looking in to this as well. I have a 96" I all ready have a 99" ecm to delete the egr i just need the wireing harness. Then i want to get the HP Tuners as well so im in the same boat as u bro.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search