Cam Towers - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cam Towers
Friday, January 11, 2008 5:10 PM
Can someone tell me if cam towers from a 2.3 Head ( Head 753) would fit my 2000 LD9 2.4 Motor?

My buddy recently bought the GM test motor that has the HO Cams that have been adapted to fit into a 2.4 L motor

Wondering if 2.3 cam towers bolt up to twim cam head

Thanks

Re: Cam Towers
Friday, January 11, 2008 5:24 PM
They will bolt up but probably dont have a provision for the CPS and would be set up for the 2.3 P/S not the 2.4 P/S.

Friday, January 11, 2008 5:26 PM
Nope these cam towers have been done by GM

Intake cam already has the Cam Sensor and PS Pump revision for the 2.4

Just need to know if the Towers will bolt up with no issues

Friday, January 11, 2008 5:40 PM
yes they will

sig not found
Friday, January 11, 2008 5:59 PM
Thank you

Friday, January 11, 2008 6:50 PM
huh? you already answered your own question...

you said that gm made them to work on the 2.4l twin cam, so obviously they will bolt on a 2.4l twin cam

id be interested in hearing more on this engine...

Friday, January 11, 2008 8:30 PM
The Head is a HO head right now on a 2.4 Block so i actually didnt answer my own question

Its the GM Tranny test motor

Saturday, January 12, 2008 1:33 AM
its the motor from that ebay thing with all the rare quad 4 parts that ZPPR bought and is now sellin everything.
Saturday, January 12, 2008 8:39 AM
Nice you have the link to anything to do with the motor build?

Saturday, January 12, 2008 10:41 AM
hey have you opened it up yet? what did you find? did you measure the lift on the cams? I WANNA KNOW !!!!!!
I must have pics of it.

and yes you can bolt that head and cam towers on your 2000 2.4
Saturday, January 12, 2008 11:45 AM
Lift on the cams was 410

We will take pics once fully disassembled

Saturday, January 12, 2008 1:34 PM
Here are the pics

Motor in Crate

Top of Block

Something wrong with Valve?

Valve again

Cylinder Wall

Ported Intake Manifold

The toughness....Duraguard

Saturday, January 12, 2008 1:53 PM
Valve is toast. Look at spending lots of $$$ to rebuild that head.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Saturday, January 12, 2008 1:59 PM
ok, i can't really tell but are those flat top pistons with valve reliefs or are they domed with valve reliefs? if they're flat top, the reliefs look waaaay to damn deep for people to think that you can get away with HO cams and dished 9:1 pistons withOUT the reliefs.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 2:46 PM
huh turns out it did toast a valve, can't wait till c-huck gets this thing running.

Hopefully ill get to drop by this week and take a peek at it

Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:26 PM
This motor was a GM Test motor

It ran for 25, 000 Miles in that configuration

Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:40 PM
Quote:

ok, i can't really tell but are those flat top pistons with valve reliefs or are they domed with valve reliefs? if they're flat top, the reliefs look waaaay to damn deep for people to think that you can get away with HO cams and dished 9:1 pistons withOUT the reliefs.

answer?

Saturday, January 12, 2008 7:13 PM
We havent looked at it again

I will investigate further once we unload it tomorrow

Saturday, January 12, 2008 10:21 PM
Thrice . wrote:
Quote:

answer?

its an 086 head on a 2,4 -- it needs reliefs same as any 2.3 did --- no matter the amount of lift.

HO cams in a 2.4 head don't need reliefs.

sig not found
Saturday, January 12, 2008 11:04 PM
Quote:

its an 086 head on a 2,4 -- it needs reliefs same as any 2.3 did --- no matter the amount of lift.

HO cams in a 2.4 head don't need reliefs.

i'm puttin an 086 on my 2.4 block with .020" overbore 9:1 dished wiseco pistons. it's been said many times that it's possible to get away with just having the dished pistons without valve reliefs. from looking at theose flat tops with the reliefs, that cuts look much deeper then the dish of a 9:1 piston. That's what i was tryin to get at, sorry if i confused people.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 1:34 AM
you should clay it to be safe, then you would know.
WOW it looks like a really nice piece to me. the intake looks to be extruded honed, is the exhaust manifold also that way? that would be killer.
410 cams with the cam sensor!!! WOW put them bad boys on ebay!!!!..(ok or in your car)
get a pic of the tops of the lobes, I want to try to get a guess at the duration
I don't see big money in 1 bad valve, I see a valve job and a valve. I also see a set 410 cams w/sensor pad, a honed HO intake and a extruded hone head. plus the complete engine.
It should have had a starter,injectors,ignition, fly wheel etc. custom pistons

If I can help you out let me know, I have a few 1.181 SS valves I could hook you up with and I may be able to fine a 1.244 if thats what it needs.
I have head gaskets if you need 1

Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:09 AM
Yeah i'll get some pics of the exhaust manifold once i clean it up, i have to get him to take the pics since my camera died on me. As of now im not planing on selling them on ebay or anything, im going to use the engine in my grand am, i just gave him the cams since i already have some ho ones and i dont need the cam sensor or power steering where he does. I'll post these over on the quad4forums aswell
Sunday, January 13, 2008 6:50 PM
The pistons are dished Pics to follow

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search