gas mileage - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
gas mileage
Saturday, March 08, 2008 11:28 AM
i tried searching but couldn't quite find what i needed, so i hooked my AEM intake an my gas mileage has actually gotten worse an im not sure what would case this? any pointers would be greatly apreciated.

Re: gas mileage
Saturday, March 08, 2008 1:16 PM
most likely your driving habits have changed slightly. or you didnt hook your iat sensor back up right.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, March 08, 2008 1:32 PM
Most likely the IAT sensor (you should also make sure your pcv hose is connected).

Sunday, March 09, 2008 6:23 PM
would this be it? the connector for the vacum line (not the sensor) was lost by me some how i no im dumb. so i made a new one out of aluminum, does it matter that its made of metal and not plastic? because i checked everything else out an its hooked up right.
Sunday, March 09, 2008 9:32 PM
The question is whether or not it's functioning correctly, with it off starting the car should cause a large vacuum.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 4:27 AM
is that bad?
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 9:51 AM
For the car? No, not unless you leave it off. There is supposed to be a vacuum so that the brake booster functions correctly.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 2:03 AM
Actually, the piping or hose that runs to the inlet air tract from the rocker cover is just for the PCV to get fresh, filtered air. The hose for the vacuum-assist brake booster is to run to the intake manifold (The part the injectors are mounted to) after the throttle-valve to supply engine vacuum as balance inside the booster upon both sides of the diaphram when the brake pedal isn't applied & a pull upon the booster's diaphram whan the brake pedal is pushed.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search