LOUD!!!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LOUD!!!!!
Thursday, September 18, 2008 3:34 PM
Any one every heard a 2.2L sunfire with the exhaust disconnected at the catalytic converter. wow it sounds deep and when i punch it, it sounds so damn nice, But LOUD!!!!Can this damage anything?(im not driving it around, just changing the exhaust so i wanted to hear what it would sound like.

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road

Re: LOUD!!!!!
Thursday, September 18, 2008 3:43 PM
nope did that for 2months when i changed headers i took my cat off to cut it and the exhaust bolts were rusted they snapped. i got busy with work and couldnt finish it till later. i had the system off at the end of my 4-2-1 rksport headers now thats loud. the cat quited it down alot.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 4:05 PM
My stock had broken off right at the flex pipe, the whole reason I had changed my exhaust to the 2.25. I loved it, but at times it would scare the crap outta me. I saw 3 foot flames come out from under my driver side and was told that it was doing the same on my passenger side. New aged theft prevention it was. Drove it like that for about 3-4 months and was only pulled over once, lol.

Well, twice, if you include the time the cop followed me into where the exhaust shop was to have the 2.25 installed.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 4:47 PM
Oh yeh mine is ear piercing when i rev it up high it almost sounds like a rally car revving at high rpm's. im gonna record it tonight or tomorow.

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road
Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:00 PM
You guys should've heard my old Firebird. It had abuilt 455 pontiac V8 running straight pipes, no mufflers. That was loud. Sounded like a monster truck going down the road. It used really scare the crap out of the kids with Hondas when they would sit there at stop lights and rev at me and I reved back and they realize what they just got themselves into. That ghost white shocked look on their faces as always priceless. LOL God I miss that car. OH well I ran my Sunfire for about a day without a muffler. Sounded good, not firebird good but still good.

The Outlaw
98 Pontiac Sunfire (Christine)
2200 5spd
Red with Black racing stripes.

Don't let the punks get to you. If they can't say anything helpful its because they probably
have VERY LITTLE IF ANY MECHANICAL SKILLS . Talking crap is just their way of hiding that
fact. They figure the more crap they say the less likley anyone will know how dumb they are.
Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:24 PM

My new exhaust i ordered

Tell me if its worth it.

Also tell me what you think about this catalytic converter.

catalytic converter

Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:42 PM
My LN2-pwrd S-truck just developed what I believe to be a sizeable leak in the forward part of the system (Have yet to check). And after spending half the day drivin'-around with it like that, lemme tell ya... It's no-fun! It droned so loudly inside the cab that after about 30min my ears were hurting & I got a mild headache to boot. And it really hurt the performance too, since it wasn't being properly scavenged. As soon as I have the money I'm taking to Car-X for them to take a looksie & tell me what the damage will be.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Friday, September 19, 2008 6:09 AM
Pacesetter has a problem with rust from what I've heard. Oh, the Sunfire I owned may as well have been open header, cause that was the only way she would've been any louder. Megan Racing N1 universal, and a hollowed out cat!

I miss my Sunfire, I want it back!
MMMM, HIDs
You will be missed.
Friday, September 19, 2008 10:52 AM
LOL. well does anyone know where it rusts so i can fix it before it happens

Friday, September 19, 2008 11:59 AM
if you get the ceramic coated one.....you shouldnt have that problem....at least I didnt.

Friday, September 19, 2008 1:43 PM
I will put $20 saying that mine is louder

-Ben

Overall Best times

60' - 1.857 (6/24/07)-(Drag Radials 205-50-15)
330' - 5.552 (6/24/07)-(Drag Radials 205-50-15)
1/8 - 8.644 (7/25/08)-(Hoosier Drag Radials 225-50-15)
M.P.H. - 82.05 (4/20/08)-(Hoosier Drag Radials 225-50-15)
1000' - 11.229 (7/25/08)-(Hoosier Drag Radials 225-50-15)
1/4 - 13.410 (7/25-08)-(Hoosier Drag Radials 225-50-15)
M.P.H. - 104.95 (4/20/08)-(Hoosier Drag Radials 225-50-15)

** ALL MOTOR **
* 193whp @ 7600 rpm *
* 149 tq @ 5100 rpm *

2005 GM Small Car Bash - Lost 2nd rd - H2 Class
2007 GM Tuner Bash - Runner Up - Broken Pressure Plate
2008 GM Tuner Bash - Winner - by default

Friday, September 19, 2008 2:49 PM
I have a @!#$ty recorder but i will record it and we can see who's is louder

Friday, September 19, 2008 6:42 PM
Ben Wenzel Jr wrote:I will put $20 saying that mine is louder

-Ben

It probablly is, I had a stock internally ECOtec, yours is built.

I miss my Sunfire, I want it back!
MMMM, HIDs
You will be missed.
Saturday, September 20, 2008 12:43 AM
Pacesetter doesn't have the greatest reputation for good cat backs for our cars. Word also has it that they don't sound all too great and require a sizeable resonator between 18 and 22 inches to clear up the sound so that it is deep.

Saturday, September 20, 2008 2:32 AM
I have a 23 inch resonanator on mine and yes it is loud as hell with an open header.

Saturday, September 20, 2008 8:27 AM
I got it recorded but i cant seem to get my buddies camera to plugnplay to my computer.e

Saturday, September 20, 2008 8:44 AM
I think im going to double the bet, still saying mine is louder !

-Ben
Saturday, September 20, 2008 9:09 AM
lol we'll see as soon as i figure out how to get it on my computer.

Saturday, September 20, 2008 9:10 AM
Ben Wenzel Jr wrote:I think im going to double the bet, still saying mine is louder !

-Ben

Damn I wish I still had my Firebird!

The Outlaw
98 Pontiac Sunfire (Christine)
2200 5spd
Red with Black racing stripes.

Don't let the punks get to you. If they can't say anything helpful its because they probably
have VERY LITTLE IF ANY MECHANICAL SKILLS . Talking crap is just their way of hiding that
fact. They figure the more crap they say the less likley anyone will know how dumb they are.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search