Exhaust problem and question. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust problem and question.
Saturday, January 24, 2009 9:31 AM
Hello, Lately i've been hearing a rattle in my exhaust. I think i got it from being stuck in a snow bank, but can't be sure.

Anyway I took it to my mechanic and he put it on the hoist, found out it's coming from the resonator. Says maybe it's a loost baffle? and that I should replace it with another resonator or a straight through pipe. I'm moreso leaning towards a resonator but i can't figure out which one to order...

I have a 2.25 inch magnaflow catback dual tip setup currently. Would this resonator fit my car?

http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=10425

Thanks.

Re: Exhaust problem and question.
Saturday, January 24, 2009 1:33 PM
just put in a straight pipe imo. the resonator dose effect the tone of your car but not having one shouldnt cause u to fail immisions or have any other ill effects and is cheaper than a new resonator. imo
Sunday, January 25, 2009 7:39 AM
yes that resonator will fit...and if you do go the route of getting rid of your old one please put a new one in...if you straight pipe it, you will soon find out that it makes a world of a difference as for sound quality and loudness.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 11:49 AM
Thanks i'm glad to hear that it will fit so i can order it asap. This noise is bothering me quite badly haha.

When I first had my exhaust installed it was EXTREMLY loud. And i asked him to put the biggest resonator on he had so i think i'll stray away from the straight pipe for now, I don't feel like waking my neighbors up everymorning while my car heats up.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search