cams - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cams
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:30 PM
i plan on turboing my car and dumping some money into the engine such as boring it .20 over and putting in better valves and and spring. my question is witch cam to go with a stage three cam or a turbo grind cam? witch would be better and if you need to know what all im going to do at the time i replace the cam then let me know.

Re: cams
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:16 PM
so you're asking if all motor cams or turbo cams are good for a turbocharged engine...

can it be any more obvious?

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:44 PM
^ lol
05ecotec1sv wrote:i plan on turboing my car and dumping some money into the engine such as boring it .20 over and putting in better valves and and spring. my question is witch cam to go with a stage three cam or a turbo grind cam? witch would be better and if you need to know what all im going to do at the time i replace the cam then let me know.

if i remember right a turbo cam has less duration than a n/a cam. the high lift would be ok, but you dont want to much duration

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:50 PM
Yea, you want less duration on a turboed engine. If you wanna pick up a few more ponies N/A then grab another eco head and get it ported and polished. It'll help N/A and help even more with a turbo.

But on topic with the cams, i would get the turbo grind and set them on a shelf until you get the turbo installed.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:09 PM
so it would be better to go with a turbo grind cam. ok thank you
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 4:11 PM
05ecotec1sv wrote:so it would be better to go with a turbo grind cam. ok thank you

...it says it in the name.

yes, a turbo cam is optimal for a turbo-charged engine.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 5:28 PM
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:
05ecotec1sv wrote:so it would be better to go with a turbo grind cam. ok thank you

...it says it in the name.

yes, a turbo cam is optimal for a turbo-charged engine.

one more time with feeling?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:04 PM
ok i sounded dumb it happens to me all the time but its ok im used to it
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:45 PM
You got to be used to it on here.

Don't buy from MANTAPART!!
Friday, April 17, 2009 7:19 PM

Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:45 PM
I have a question about this, not so much the cams, but a port and polish would be good for a turbo charged motor as well, wouldnt it?

Sunday, April 19, 2009 5:13 PM
Brian Groza wrote:I have a question about this, not so much the cams, but a port and polish would be good for a turbo charged motor as well, wouldnt it?

yes.

Sunday, April 19, 2009 5:22 PM
Alright I completly thought so, because any restrictions removed would be better for the engine, just for some reason I got confused when someone said how port and polish would be better off for a N/A engine.
Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:03 PM
i hope you got a deep pocket and have someone doing the work for you with the questions you are asking

Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:50 PM
LAFNGAS wrote:i hope you got a deep pocket and have someone doing the work for you with the questions you are asking

10 grand deep....and ya I'm waiting for a good shop, I'm going to Corsa on Monday (12 hours for now to check up on stuff)
Monday, April 20, 2009 10:25 AM
lol talk is cheap on the net and hopefully all goes good for you but if youre not doing the work and are wanting a built motor/turbo setup/tuned there is no way you will not go over your $10,000 deep pocket

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search