LSJ Head Cam Shaft Position Sensor Block Off Plate? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LSJ Head Cam Shaft Position Sensor Block Off Plate?
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 9:35 AM
Okay so I am about to drop a hybrid engine in my 2003 Cavalier and have run into a lil issue. The Camshaft Position Sensor off the exhaust cam on the LSJ head is going to collide with my master cylinder. Originally I thought the block off plate on the intake cam would fit the exhaust, but the bolts are in different locations and there is oil flowing through there which I do not know if there would an issue blocking that oil path. Therefore I was wondering if anyone had found a solution to this. Even better yet, a block off plate. Also any insight into whether that oil path can be block. What have fellow members done when they've done the LSJ head swap?

Thanks guys,
Jay

Re: LSJ Head Cam Shaft Position Sensor Block Off Plate?
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 10:29 AM
I had this same issue on my LSJ head. I just fabbed up a quick and simple plate out of some ~1/8" aluminum plate. As far as I know it is ok to block that port, I have mine blocked off with no issues so far. I don't think there is pressurized oil coming from that hole, I think its a return so the oil can drain.

Are you using LSJ cams? Cause you WILL need to block off the oil port in the last exhaust cam journal if you are not.

Also, you might still run into an issue with the exhaust cam cap hitting the brake line coming off the master, I simply just ground mine out with a carbide bit and called it a day.

Pics bellow

Block off Plate

After I grinded the cap to clear the brake line

Hope that helps!

Re: LSJ Head Cam Shaft Position Sensor Block Off Plate?
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:04 AM
I said the same thing

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search