CHR3001 DC Header Looking to Buy - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CHR3001 DC Header Looking to Buy
Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:23 PM
Hey i wanted to know if anyone had or knew of a place that has the DC 4-2-1 header part number CHR3001 Ceramic Coating. i have been told that is has been discontinued by DC so i cant get it from an internet site the drop ships, so if anyone has one they are looking to sell NEW please or know of a place that has them instock for a reasonable price please let me know. thanks

2000 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.4L

Re: CHR3001 DC Header Looking to Buy
Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:10 AM
new.. probably impossible at this point. last i knew of anybody finding a new one was stephanie (grey RHD cav) and that was a couple years ago.

now.. used, shouldnt be a problem.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:11 AM
well thanks for the help. is there anyone that has a good used one for sale out there. i have a the passetter armo-coated one now and i have had so many issues with a leaking collector im just so done with it. i have even cut the ball flange and installed a 3 bot flange on it but i totally looked the gasket on that to so i was hoping for a header with larger collector area and metal gaskets or something. i dont want to pull my header off again and totally cut the collector up and make a new customer downpipe and new flex pipe set up but if i have to i guess i do but if anyone has a good used one im interested and i plan on keeping my cat on so i really dont need the extra extension on the DC header that eliminates the cat.

Also i noticed the same 4-2-1 design on a M2 header but it like a lil over a hundred buck. sounds cheap ass to me. anyone have one of them on there ride?
Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:06 AM
All the 4-2-1 headers available, and previously available, for the LD9 have the ports paired wrong, but they still flow much better than a stock manifold. They would flow even better with the correct ports matched.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, March 15, 2012 4:06 PM
thanks for the info. i guess im going to just make a new custom down pipe and flange. Also i want to replace my header studs and put bolts in instead. Anyone know the bolt size i would need to use.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search