help on ideas? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help on ideas?
Monday, November 12, 2012 9:36 PM
I have an 04 cavalier ls sport with the 2.2l eco in it. It has a ralco short throw shifter and a k&n intake and either 2.5 or 3 inch exhaust. what other mods can i do to make it go faster? resignator? injectors? was thinkin of new cams with valves and springs.

Re: help on ideas?
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:32 AM
boost.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:36 AM
suspension, tires/wheels, lightweight mods. Wheels alone will make a noticable difference on the highway as the rotational mass being greatly reduced is a huge improvement.
but like Tinkles said, quite simply the only way to make our cars 'fast' is to boost them. Otherwise you need to do a lot of motor work and its easier to just bolt on a turbo or supercharger thats been done before. Boost you can do safely up to about 250+ fwhp without needing to go internal.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:23 AM
There's an AWESOME m62 supercharger kit for sale in the classifieds right now. It's a great kit and a better deal. It's really not as challenging as it seems to install and I promise you will not be disappointed.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:24 AM
In fact, all 3 of us who have responded to you have a supercharger (one with a TVS, you know who you are), lol

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:17 PM
blu04DD wrote:quite simply the only way to make our cars 'fast' is to boost them..

we could debate this til we are blue in the face because even the 10's a grass roots boosted eco could run are "slow" compared to other car manufacturer's acomplishments.

so when i say "i think newt and ben wenzel would have something to say about that" running low 13's N/A is slow too lol but yea you get the idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:18 PM

It's nice to be injected but love being blown.
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:39 PM
I look at the cost per horsepower gain. You cant beat boost, unless you drop alot of coin on a big ass blower and end up barely spinning it......

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:44 PM
well Zyaaa, my point was you wont get the kind of power he'd be wanting unless he rebuilds his motor...n/a cant touch boost when it comes to cost like Tinkles said. I never said n/a wasnt fast, I just elaborated on what you quoted with "Otherwise you need to do a lot of motor work and its easier to just bolt on a turbo or supercharger thats been done before. Boost you can do safely up to about 250+ fwhp without needing to go internal."

I dont regret going supercharged, Im still a fan over turbos. I like being an under dog taking out moderate turbo builds and Im not even properly tuned or fully modded with everything in my garage

considering he's asking what other mods to make it go faster and talking about a resonator, injectors, etc, i dont think he's planning on spending much right now..

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:38 AM
Seriously though...
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/60758/
If I had a friend with your car I would make him buy this.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search