Plaztik L61T 4dr Build Thread (Kendra) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Plaztik L61T 4dr Build Thread (Kendra)
Thursday, February 09, 2017 9:10 AM
Figured, I would jump in and start an updated build thread for my 4 door turbo. The car started life as a body build then ended up getting built as an NA car. The plans were always to
boost it so it was NA but lower comp, big port, and motor setup for boost. Had the car on the road for less than a week at was totalled by a chick running a red light. The frame was
trash so back to the drawing board it was. After a few months of searching (not many decent 4dr LS, or LSS cars around here) I finally found one a few hours away. Slight body damage but the
car ran great with only 100k. I drove it for almost a year while I parts gathered for the turbo system. Went cheap the first time (pretty much Ebay stuff) and made 189 on 5 lbs. Then pulled the EMUSA
turbo to fine shaft play lol. So decided to start building for a big turbo as the motor could take it. Setup an H1C (H1e) hybrid turbo with a 12cm & ported housing and a H1E comp wheel. The car made 320 but the power
band was pretty high and at this point the injectors (440s Green Giants) were running out (at 85 - 90. So I pulled the motor back apart to replace the valves and setup the turbo system in another direction.

This is where I am currently on the motor build
Block:
Wiseco 8.9:1
Dartons
Eagle H Beams
Clevite bearings
stock bore
stock GM crank (new and balanced)

Head:
Big port (6mm intake, 4mm exhaust runners)
Supertech BN valves
Supertech 78lb dual springs
stock cams
LSJ followers/lifters
Cometic HG
Arp throughout

Turbo/Exhaust/Fueling:
BG s267
ZZP ex mani and 3in DP
Tial MVS single WG (Ext dump)
Aermotive 340 Stealth
AN 8 lines all the way to rail
Custom rail (Ext Aeromotive Adj Reg)
PTE 78#

Currently setting up a tune. Car idle and drives but will be getting it to the tuner soon for a power tune once the new head is broke in.

Body Build:

(Dont laugh lol, this was a long time ago. The hood got way out of hand)

NA Build:

The Total:

Boost build:
Day1

Later

Now

You drive a cavalier? Why yes... yes I do.

Re: Plaztik L61T 4dr Build Thread (Kendra)
Saturday, February 18, 2017 8:48 AM
That's really slick what size is your intercooler and where did you get it? I'm finally going to finish my turbo 2000 Z24 this year (I hope) and need a big front mount intercooler.
Saturday, February 18, 2017 9:36 AM
Why are the canards flat? The only thing they do like that is show that you now nothing about aero.

Friday, March 17, 2017 7:11 PM
Lol, ya the canards. It's a long story, pretty much I let my friend place them while I was at work one day. He thought that following the body lines looked cool. He isn't a car guy and I didn't have the heart to tell him they have a function. Figured eh Im not keeping this bumper on her anyway so I'll leave them.

TBH canards that don't connect to any sort of structure really don't help much for aero anyway. Best cause on this car it would have just pushed the bumper down lol.

Friday, March 17, 2017 7:13 PM
Dale Young wrote:That's really slick what size is your intercooler and where did you get it? I'm finally going to finish my turbo 2000 Z24 this year (I hope) and need a big front mount intercooler.

Thanks mate, the intercooler is just a large ebay special. I think the dimensions are 31x18x3. I can measure the next time I am at my garage.

Monday, March 20, 2017 11:20 AM
Just seeing this thread now, curious what your tuning provisions are?

Why such low compression for a street car? LSJ/LNF are 9.5:1 and love 20+lbs of boost with 93 pump gas. It's a big turbo, are you just going for big dyno numbers with this setup?

The Supertech 78lb springs.. Did you buy them used or new? That kit was replaced with the 75lb kit because the 78lb kit WILL make contact with the followers you're running. Unless you file them down individually.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, June 23, 2017 5:48 AM
Quote:

Just seeing this thread now, curious what your tuning provisions are?

Why such low compression for a street car? LSJ/LNF are 9.5:1 and love 20+lbs of boost with 93 pump gas. It's a big turbo, are you just going for big dyno numbers with this setup?

The Supertech 78lb springs.. Did you buy them used or new? That kit was replaced with the 75lb kit because the 78lb kit WILL make contact with the followers you're running. Unless you file them down individually.

Right now it's on HPT, I am working on moving to an MS3 Mega unit for complete standalone. Well maybe not complete I still wanna run my stock gauges and stuff, we will see.

The compression is low because I got a great deal on h beams and wisecos but the pistons were the drop compression. I had told myself eh I'll just replace them when the motor goes but its been 4 years and she still runs lol.

My end game was to break 500whp and retain PS/AC but along the process the AC went. Now I am just wanting to see what this motor can do. I am a firm believer that cars have a want to move and if they are done correctly will be great machines no matter the make/model. I feel like this build was solid and I am just seeing what she can handle before breaking.

I bought the 78s new but it was a long long time ago. Had them for about 3 years before they ever went on the car and the motor build was 4 years ago now. Yes you are correct about the contact with the retainers. I run an LSJ lifter/follower setup and they have been filed down to avoid contact.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search