PS Return Hose for my 84 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PS Return Hose for my 84
Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:07 AM
Ok, I went back and got a new length of hose. It ended up being about a foot long section of 1/2 tubing. $2.10 total cost. No sense in replacing the hard parts of the line if they are not leaking. The rubber part was hard as a rock and probably original. Rob D gets credit for "name that size" for the return hose.

I will update when I am able to source a pressure line. Just like Orlen with the heater core, everyone says they have it until you try and order it.

Re: PS Return Hose for my 84
Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:14 AM
Take your old pressure line to NAPA. They can cut and re-crimp the rubber part.

Friday, November 30, 2012 2:04 AM
Autozone and advanced auto have high pressure hose just for that and universal connectors. If you find a 2nd gen z they also have power steering coolers under the passenger side front rocker. I dont think first gens came with.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Friday, November 30, 2012 1:52 PM
Yep Rob, my 86 Wagon has that cooler too. I had to fight with one of those pulling a rack off an 86 Cimarron also. Both were with the OHV Chevy 2.0 engine , but the wagon is an automatic while the Cimarron had the 5 speed.So far I never have run into the underside cooler on J's with the OHC Brazil engine. The OHC engines have the reservoir on the firewall, I doubt Paul has run across them.

If you have a Fisher Auto Parts in your area, Paul they make custom hydraulic lines there too. Pretty sure they could solve that issue for you.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search