82 or 83 Cavalier at the Lambrect Auto Auction - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
82 or 83 Cavalier at the Lambrect Auto Auction
Friday, March 28, 2014 6:11 PM
Didn't know a 23.6 mile Cavalier was auctioned at the Lambrecht Auction. Does not look like it was very well preserved, but it does have a 4 speed stick in it! Wish I could find more pictures. Looks like an 82 or 83 to me.
Click on the link and scroll down to read the story.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20131002/CARNEWS01/131009960

Re: 82 or 83 Cavalier at the Lambrect Auto Auction
Friday, March 28, 2014 9:42 PM
Palms on forehead with the WHY factor.It does appear to be a 82/83 for sure.I can only imagine what the car needs looking like that.In my OCD clean minded ways I would go crazy to trying to revive that.I just hate seeing cars I like just deteriorate and stupid low miles.I bet the engine seals are dried out,trans the same,and all the rubber anything toast.

Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:48 AM
These Vegas sped up my pulse!! Hope they went to a good home!!

Just imagine how hard it is to find Vega parts nowadays!!

Hey Ron, giving that 2 bucket 4 door Sweetheart a proper rebirth could be anything but boring! Hahaa, hey ya got to spend that fortune when you win the Lottery some way or the other. If I had won it I just might pick up diffefernt J-Body Members here and there when they had a day or 2 of Vacation to use - bring them back here to turn a few wrenches on this Special Survivor and then we could share a good dinner together! When you got done with it you could call up a couple of car magazines and have some interesting stories and lots of photos of all of us to share to tell! Then the fun would be to take the car back around to all that helped on it spend a day with them at their local car show - showing it off and let them drive it all day!!

What ya think?

Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:09 AM
wow!

Saturday, March 29, 2014 10:59 AM
This blows my mind. How does a brand new car just sit and rot for 30+ years??
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search