What things are you busy with that side track your car work - Page 10 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What things are you busy with that side track your car work
Wednesday, April 13, 2016 8:03 PM
I need to do a Update on the old trusted 1998 Honda accord.This was my older nephews car for 6years and was retired back in dec.The quick story is it was going to be sold as is not moving and done.Well that fell thru after my mother in law decided to try and go thru the Honda dealer (service writer) she knows called him and to see if any techs wanted this old ride as is.Fast forward the car did not sell go figure being broken in some respects.She decided to let me fix all the Known issues and sell it after I do some magic to it.I have either bought or waiting on some components we bought Tuesday.It will get both new front axles (both blown out) and two new front complete struts(bought the full package) to make a quick install.New plugs,wires, valve cover gasket,rebuild the ps pump as it is leaking and probably new wipers and maybe even new rear brakes (which I do not have).We spent $456.00 Tuesday.The GOOD note I already have a buyer (SOLID) willing to pay book value or more with me fixing everything and clean this car to the letter and make a profit!!!! The buyer is a good friend wanting this ride for his soon to be 16 year old in the summer,so I do have time to get it in order.To finish we were thinking maybe 600-700 as is.But since a non moving car is a NO go the decision to invest in the car and get it as straight as possible and yes even a 4 wheel alignment as we still have a lifetime warranty on that the only thing we will not do is a new cat and muffler which are the oem equipment.R

Sunday, May 22, 2016 9:09 PM
Well this AM I get in my 2014 Toyota Tacoma and cranked up and have my things ready to go to work.I get to the end of my driveway and notice a symbol lit up on my dash(ummm).I sit there and say oh that is the tpms symbol for low in a tire?I get out look at my tires and they all look ok but the rhs front was maybe suspect but,I am in gravel and could not tell it lacking air.I am a maintenance freak and check my tires every week except this week on Friday as usual.It rained and we went out in my wifes car so no checking the tires.I had sat off and went in sunday.The short is I drove to work feeling if the said tire was low from slack in the sidewall and a touch but nothing weird.I get to work and sure enough a screw in the tread of the inner tread but not close to the sidewall more to the inside.I had my wife bring my 5gallon air tank to air it up and leave it in my bed of the truck.Sure enough it took about a good 20lbs easy and yes the tire was sagging after drvg it to work and sitting for almost 10hrs.Came home removed the tire and plugged it.Washed the rim and checked for air bubbles and Good.I will be checking this daily for at least a week to ensure my plug works and no leak downs and yes I will carry my portable air tank full just in case.The moral here is while I do not always like some of the modern day features and the TPMS being one I felt was not for me it saved me a flat tire or blow out so I am glad to have it in retrospect.Oldschool feelings about some of todays technology has kind of made me rethink this feature even for the kind of guy I am checking my ride every week unless the weather (got in the way) this time.Hope you did not fall asleep reading my novel.

Monday, May 30, 2016 6:20 PM
This has been keeping me quite busy. I'm now hosting bar trivia every week, and am trying to add a second location.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1649625078629877?tsid=0.1998457342851907&source=typeahead

Twitter: @gstriviagame
Sunday, July 24, 2016 8:02 AM
Sunday, July 24, 2016 8:19 PM
Good luck Wayne and I wish I could help,but I am tight on funds myself.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:47 AM
Good Luck Wayne

Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:32 PM
It has been pretty quiet on here the last two weeks.I know we all get busy and maybe nothing new to report on update's fixing or restoring on your J ride.I myself the typical things and we now have a dog! The wife has pretty much wanted one since the day we got married.I semi reluctantly gave the OK as I am a OCD clean freak in the house.The type or breed is a maltipoo.It is a mix between a maltese and poodle.The dogs name is parker (male) and got him back in june.He was 9wks old and he is getting bigger but will not weigh more than 10-14lbs as adult dog.I will pop a pic later.Hope everyone is doing Ok and just thought I would say HELLO and the weather has been nothing but hot,humid this year here in nc.R

Friday, August 12, 2016 8:05 AM
Hot & Humid here in Ohio this year too. Heat index of 105 today, 21st day above 90. After a few rotten tomato's the plants are doing nicely, got a few bunches of bigger than fist size tomato's waiting to be picked. Got a bell pepper plant this year but only got one off of it so far. Bought what we though was one cucumber plant that turned out to be 4 plants and they grow the weirdest cucumbers , they grow in a somewhat spiral shape. Only had 2 decent sized sunflowers, the other 3 just didn't get above 3 feet. If it wasn't for the drought I'd probably have a lot better crop this year, we're 6 inches below normal rainfall so far. Only plants that are really thriving are the cactus.

Saturday, August 13, 2016 10:06 PM
Speaking of plants or vegetables.My tomatoes are doing great (better boy) and about a hand full in size.My cucumbers are getting there but not green yet.My broccoli kind of failed due to heat and bugs eating the leafs a lot.I ripped out the failing plants and replanted corn and new broccoli from seeds from a package.I do water my garden when a no rain is happening but,we have had showers the last two weeks.I also planted corn and some decent growth but it looks like weeds when they start up.I tried some white onions in the spring but they just did not get any where and you do have to keep the soil loose so they get big.My black berry plant from last year is over 6 ft tall but nothing yet and it is crazy huge and hoping for something.My black berry is a thorn free version.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:24 PM
Been a while since I posted here. All J-bodys are not registered right now with three teen drivers and college to pay for probably won't be. As for my garden up here in New England it is growing really slow and vegetables are small this year. Apple trees only have about 4-6 apples on each tree and sunflowers are short here too.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 7:53 AM
My garden took a hit recently. With the 2+ inches of rain in 72hrs we got Saturday thru Monday some of the tomato's have literally split from extra water intake. A squirrel decided to take car of one of my Sunflowers yesterday Didn't even get any seeds from it for next year, and to top it off it took one of the tomato's and ate half of it too. If only the damn neighbors would stop feeding those vermin then we would have a squirrel problem. Since we can't legally "dispatch" them here I have a super soaker sitting in the fridge for the next one I see.

Saturday, September 10, 2016 5:50 PM
Work has been keeping me busy...

I do have the engine and trans mounts for my Camaro wanting to be installed... I also had to fix up my sprinkler system this weekend (heads and a rain sensor).

The Sunbird is doing well and going to be put on insurance so my daughter can drive it a bit in good weather. She knows how to drive a stick pretty well now after a couple years of practice. I think we are going to get her a Malibu or a Cruze but she will get to have some fun with the bird first - but def not as a daily...

Monday, September 12, 2016 5:18 PM
DVR alert!!! I'm invading your TV on Thursday September 22nd on Who Wants to be a Millionaire! Check your local listings. Be sure to also record Friday in case I took two days to play!

Weather I won big or not, I will make Millionaire history when I do something no other contestant ever did before. Get those YouTube accounts ready.
Tuesday, September 20, 2016 9:21 PM
I did NOT forget to check out the episode or episode's fyi for Tonight.I probably will just use my go back and view with time warner cable.Interesting for sure.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:54 PM
It will be on tomorrow (Thursday)

Should be on WXLV at 10:00am, possibly at 10:30am
Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:55 PM
Yeah I know I goofed on the days!Still very cool regardless as I had my days mixed up.Heck even youtube probably would show it in hindsight.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:32 AM
Wow Wayne they really gave you some tough questions early on. The last one I knew though and when you said final answer I was screaming NOOO it's B. At least you left with $5,000. Congrats

Thursday, September 22, 2016 4:33 PM
Congrats, Wayne! $5K ain't bad!
Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:09 PM
That was one rough stack of questions...

You can see during the $20k sports question where I became a bit of a deer in headlights. I was just thinking, "WTF is going on with these questions, nothing typical about them at all."

If it weren't for the history of the Stanley Cup, it would've been much easier to nail down when the NHL began.

If that $30k question didn't have the part about "and sometimes men", I would've jumped on the tattoo answer. Those are some very intricate and beautiful tattoos, and I've never seen that on a man, plus with Indian culture I just couldn't picture a man getting a tattoo that is common for a woman.

I also never had capellini pasta when it was called capellini; I always had it when the menu said Angel Hair. I never had manicotti, and didn't even know what it looked like.
Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:33 PM
Watching the episode right now on DVR. Congrats on the win. I'm guessing from the previous posts you didn't get the Million as I'm sure that you would have built the nicest Hawk money could buy.

Friday, September 23, 2016 7:12 AM
84conv wrote:Watching the episode right now on DVR. Congrats on the win. I'm guessing from the previous posts you didn't get the Million as I'm sure that you would have built the nicest Hawk money could buy.

Just think how fast I would have that 3.4 in there...

Friday, September 23, 2016 9:17 AM
Yeah I think they stacked the deck against ya. I watched an episode or two last week and the first 5 questions were easy and one of the people didn't use a lifeline on them.

Saturday, October 08, 2016 5:20 PM
Buying another car...... not a J, but cool nonetheless...

Photos later.... when I can get them loaded...

The RS Vert is setting quietly in the garage with the top down during this Hurricane!!! Drove it last Wed.... lovin it!!!

87 RS Convertible - 2.8V6 - 3-Speed Auto, Digital Dash - Complete LED / HID Conversion - Alarm/Keyless Entry
Thursday, December 22, 2016 8:05 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year fellas.

Saturday, December 24, 2016 6:13 AM
Been quiet here as the Cavalier sleeps the winter away.

Merry Christmas to ALL!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search