What things are you busy with that side track your car work - Page 8 - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What things are you busy with that side track your car work
Wednesday, January 07, 2015 7:37 PM
Going deeper into the dark side! Just bought my second Mustang today. Got this 2003 Mustang V6 for my other daughter who is getting her license in May (plus my wife really likes it). I'm broke now but it was a good deal and came with perfect leather, working a/c and NO rust at all.

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 9:20 PM
Looks like a good deal to me.I see the dark side in the backdrop of the picture (snow) that's the real mess to stay away from right!!!!!Congrats on the good buy and if it had a H logo on the front you could have my hotline to assist in mechanical issues.However I know your a brand experience has been with fords too.Nice share

Thursday, January 08, 2015 5:49 AM
I think you just like seeing double...a nice bottle of Jack Daniels is a much cheaper way of doing that ]:->
Thursday, January 08, 2015 12:35 PM
2 X RWD + 2 Teenagers + S N O W = OMG!!!

The insurance company must be drooling ............

Now that is Definately living in the Dark Side!!

Thursday, January 08, 2015 1:47 PM
They don't drive them in the winter. That is what the cheap Corolla is for. I only drove this one yesterday because I had to get it home from about 60 miles away. This Mustang needs a little TLC and will get it over the next few months while waiting for the warmer weather. Insurance up here in MA is not cheap any way you look at it and the kids do chip in a little for the insurance and pay for their own gas. Plus they get the drivers ed discount and the 5% off for getting good grades.

This is the other 97 Mustang sleeping for the winter.

Thursday, January 08, 2015 8:53 PM
Nice and orlen I DID NOT go to the junkyard today.It was well a touch wayyyy too cold even for me.I am venturing Friday as it is suppose to be closer to 40 on the temps.I know you do not blame me either.I want to push the skip button on the seasons and it be like spring already.

Friday, January 09, 2015 9:52 PM
Ok this is orlens stuff as requested and paid in advance for.Both front buckets and driver side had a serious grease spot and I mean stupid (bad) all over the bottom and head rest.I took the time today and steam cleaned the driver seat to remove the like 29yrs of nasty and the grease is gone.The passenger side I have not touched.I have saved the foam insulation from both doors,installed NEW plastic retaining clips GM style in the panels aside from the 3 black ones on the bottom.I did steam clean BOTH door panels removed the side pockets and there clean too.Orlen your cost was literally $6.00 under what you sent me.Now the hood is like 53.00 the trunk lid is like 39.00 as I asked before departing.I did save the arm rest and door opening assemblies and I have ALL the hardware for said items and even the nuts for the bucket seats.It took me a while to get things in order to share this and some misc stuff regarding my Tacoma.I will say your driver side seat smells sooooooo much better and grease free and some mild wear in the fabric but the seats are really in good shape.Sorry no seat track cleaning action and I wiped out.R Oh I did save the window cranks and horse shoe clips for those to match.

Saturday, January 10, 2015 12:07 AM
W O W !!!

Better than good ole NOS after you do your magic Ron!!

Wasn't sure if this one was going to still be there to get parts off of. Now we are off and running. Hope you didn't freeze your caboose off out there today!! Today it'll be my turn again - hope to have some good luck out there like you did!

Looks like 2015 gonna be a Great year for my old 'Bird!!

Thank You for the parts run Ron!!

Saturday, January 10, 2015 9:18 PM
No problem.My only hopes are that the car sits so the items you want can be reused.They were clearing out two rows but further away of stuff from like two months ago.

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 7:56 PM
Well I took the day OFF.I was going to rebuild my washer but,got in very late Monday and got up late today.So I uncovered the sunny and hooked up the battery and cranked it right up!I did have to charge the battery after all it has been months since I actually cranked it in the garage.I can say the fuel pump works GREAT!!!! I let it idle for like 20 minutes and ran the heat and checked the lights and just a once over.I am going to plan soon to take it out for the yearly inspection(safety) only and then focus on the simple things inside the car first.I have to remove my shifter and refurbish it and grease the ball joint as it is super stiff.I then will pull my radio out and reinstall a factory radio harness plug and then add the quick hook up after market stereo harness that it should have had from the get.My sister had her boyfriend hook up the original aftermarket radio and they just cut off the OEM plug instead of using a aftermarket adaptor.I have a oem radio harness already and will heat shrink each wire and do it right.I replaced the radio and just cut and crimped connectors back years ago.However since I want this back to stock in every aspect I am fixing this one goof that I should have done from back yrs ago.At least sunny ran smooth and seems happy.This year I plan on focusing more on MY stuff and less on the familys ride as unless they pay for my time my stuff comes 1st.I do not have a list of projects like last year that eases my pain.

Friday, February 06, 2015 5:39 AM
Hey Ron! If you go back to that Bird, I still need a right fender front side molding and a right door body side molding if you can get them and they are good.

Saturday, February 07, 2015 4:51 AM
I'm sorry to break the news Philip, but the Bird done gone to J-Body Heaven.

Lots of good stuff were still on it when they decided to crush it too. I'll never understand these yard managers.....When you have someone regularly coming to pull parts off a vehicle every 2 weeks it would seen like a good idea to sit back and see how much money you can get off it before killing your cash cow!

Oh well, that's just good money that can be spent at another yard somewhere.....or on EBay! Their loss I guess!

Saturday, February 07, 2015 7:21 PM
Yes orlen is correct the car is gone.I keep tabs on the yards so,maybe another will pop up.Was feeling a touch bad Friday sore throat and sinus headaches.Went to the doctor and no meds,but I did take sat off my normal work day.I slept over half the day.I did have some left over meds which I put to use and it has helped.I am burning sunday to make sure I do not back Monday feeling crappy.Lot's of crud going around and my wife has it wayyyy worse but,she's improving.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:38 PM
Well Monday work wise a real pain in the *&^%*((#)*@ as I had to go up to northern va or the DC area to deliver to two stores in the not so fun weather.It snowed most of my trip and literally drove 10hrs and 50minutes total only going 380 miles.The traffic was stupid and all the idiots driving super slow the faster lanes wether a two lane both directions or like some of the multilane deals like 4-5 lanes.The roads were crappy could barely see the lines and or no lines to say your in a lane.In short made both stops and got back as far as fredricksburg,va and stayed in a hotel (company has a account) so no cost to me! I went to our small terminal this am or midday and fueled up and took on 85gallons that is a lot for so little driving.Came back to Greensboro and did a local run and another run over towards chapel hill nc and back to finish my day.I did not sleep to great but,heck a free place and rest helped.Home tonight and just wiped out.Did I say I dislike winter nope I HATE IT! I have driven in two feet of snow a couple years ago and that was real holly crap deal.I will say john up in mass has to deal with wayyy more snow than we all have seen in couple of years combined or more.I know up there several feet in just a month or weeks some kind of stupid.In short drove safe and no issues or getting stuck just kind of annoying and a touch on my nerves.I can handle it and probably make some nervous driving a big truck with a trailer at fast speeds thru this wintery trash,but I have been trucking for like 13 yrs so I have some experience in the problems with adverse weather.I hate it,but is part of my job and I just do it! Tired and winding down with a adult beverage to knock off the day.R Is spring here as I like it a lot better.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 5:06 PM
Ron,
Winter here has really sucked for the last month. Got about six feet of snow since Jan 27th. Brought my daughter to school in downtown Boston yesterday and it took 3 hours to go 37 miles. Subways and commuter rails just about non existent. Like it is the first time the MBTA (the Boston train, bus and subway system) has ever had to deal with snow!!!!

How would you like to live on this street in Boston?

My front lawn in summer

My front lawn today

One of my apple trees that is about 12 feet tall.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 8:41 PM
WHOA! Are you trying to hind your house from the neighbors?And as for that street with the barried cars I would go banana's if my car was buried like that.Bringing me to say I am glad I live out in the less cramped area of Greensboro.Until like 3 yrs ago we were county and YEP lower taxes but then the city wanting more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ sucked us in in a real battle of a fight from the richer group in a golf course community putting up a fight to oppose it.Guess you have figured out the zoning commission ALWAYS wins for the city.Just as a real example my now 30 yr old car taxes went from $5.63 to $15.63 as the city two yrs ago added a $10.00 vehicle tax to everyone.My thoughts were how does a old 30 yr old car go UP in tax when my value has gone down in real time by book value.CROOOOOOKSSSSS they are little stealing explicit thoughts($%*&@*!) .As I said john once your kids get out of regular school just pack it up and move to GBO and no snow blowing,stupid traffic and guess what a real long spring,or summer with some blistering heat with the top down in my nice humid climate.Then we can go out junkyarding scavaging the area for parts for fun.I do not envy the northern climates and I know paul in up the mix of that himself.Nice pics and I would hate to shovel that mound in your front yard.Today hit maybe 20 and tonight like 0* can't be good when I want to wash my truck and the wifes car.

Thursday, April 02, 2015 9:02 PM
Ok this year my focus is well MY OWN rides!!!!!!!! Today I reinstalled my battery in my mazda as in this pic.Did some checks and cleaning the my carb's choke as these are super prone to sticking and have high idle out the ying yang.Along with checking my fluids and polished my valve cover and light freshing of things prior to any start up.I let it sit wayyy to long but,with the weather the last couple of months I refuse to drive it if any weather is going to happen.So I get it running choke is sticking bad,even after cleaning and even my egr valve and finally make it run at low idle.In short my brakes really suck,two reasons one is my front rotors and or pads pulsate,2nd is I need a new check valve hose from my booster to a hardline,and my master is leaking (I have that brand spanking new already and I forgot I bought it),I pulled the lhs and new rotor,pads (with brake quiet) on them for the last two months,and repacked the bearings,new hub seal and you know slide pins greased etc.I have almost enough grease to repack the bearings on the rhs but,need some more as one doe's not want to run out on this messy job.I will snap some pics Friday of my fun and will get this 28 year old truck ready for my safety inspection as quick as I can.I seriously have a pile of NEW parts ready and did some easy stuff in the engine bay a new pcv and grommet (I soley use a mazda part on these) as the after market ones suck.I could write a novel but this is my shorter story and btw this week March 31,2015 marked literally 28 years ago I bought this truck brand NEW as a junior in high school and paid for driving a school bus!Hope you do not go to sleep reading this short novel.I will say this sure beats fixing other said family cars on my time,and not cough get paid for my time at least.

Friday, May 15, 2015 2:40 PM
OK thurs May14 marked my wedding anniversary of 21 years!!!! Now to back track a short story on my wife's original wedding ring.Last year on a trip it was either lost or stolen (not sure which) however the proper steps were taken with a police report,hotel same deal.Well the ring was never found and it was last IN the hotel room prior to going out for the nite.OK we went out to texas roadhouse for dinner,then went to the jewelry store where I bought her 1st ring to get a idea and or think on it.After about a hr she picked this ring and I agreed it is nice.So I figured why wait till our 25th as this is pretty important and the original ring was a 1/2 tcw .The NEW ring is 1.50 tcw and yes Tracy my wife is astatic.Just sharing something pretty important and after her original ring issue she always said I sure miss my ring! No longer is that going to heard.Thanks guys and enjoy MY most current pic as we celebrated with me a cold beer,the Tracy a wine cooler.

Friday, May 15, 2015 3:21 PM
Happy 21st - and Wishing you 2 LoveBirds many,many more in Health & Happiness!!

Friday, May 15, 2015 5:59 PM
right now starting my new job soon, my wife hassling me, and my 1 1/2 year old daughter. other than that i have been slowly tackling the key issues before i get it back on the road.
Saturday, May 30, 2015 11:12 AM
Took an unplanned trip to NYC to audition for Millionaire since I had conflicting information on if I was in the contestant pool for the upcoming season (I wasn't).

So, what was the result of my trip on Thursday?

This:

Saturday, May 30, 2015 11:28 AM
Wow! Congrats!
Saturday, May 30, 2015 10:52 PM
Neat one of very OWN jbody 1st gen freaks on a pretty cool list to be considered for a very unique opportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Neat

Sunday, May 31, 2015 6:04 AM
Hoping this time I come back with the money!

Friday, June 05, 2015 7:07 PM
Hmmmmm. Lets see what's keeping me busy and burning my money.........remodeling the kitchen, new washer & dryer, fixing my driveway so the garage won't leak, designing a new deck w/patio and fire pit, and sourcing parts to finally put my 3800SC in my '87 Fiero GT...........I'm broke.

My daughter wants the Z24 convertible for her first car, but grandpa wants to give her his '99 Chevy Lumina. Guess which one she wants? LOL
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search