a sinister pontiac sunbird sedan 1985!!! - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
a sinister pontiac sunbird sedan 1985!!!
Friday, January 23, 2015 6:42 AM
well as you all know i have the barn find 1985 sunbird sedan.. i mean i wanna make it a kinda fun build with my dad i am going to drive the 1.8 till it goes .. but i have in mind of building a simply diffirent car my buddys all had hondas or camaros but i wannastand out from most of every crowd with my bird and im needing ideas i wanna do a turbo 3400 swap but idk much about these motors and then i had in mind a 2.2 ecotec swap i i am crazy for doing this barn find but its the fact of a father son bonding time and yet i wanna go with a old school look but the modern go power to make the faces of people drop and ive done a few other minor touch ups and what nots ima post up latter sometime but any imput or ideas will help me out alot

I'm new to the scene ... I'm 18 and i have a 1985 Pontiac Sunbird sedan...

Re: a sinister pontiac sunbird sedan 1985!!!
Friday, January 23, 2015 3:57 PM
Brian post up some pictures!

Both of those swaps are really time and $$$$ intensive. But the rewards are well worth it.. Most of us here keep it as close as it can be to original. So we don't have the tips and tricks needed for such a swap.

The guys over at v6/Z24.com have done it countless times and some guys even hand make and sell some of the hardware needed.

Keep us updated as Cody has done with his beast race car.

Re: a sinister pontiac sunbird sedan 1985!!!
Friday, January 23, 2015 8:59 PM
thanks 84cav and ik know yall keep them close to original as possible but i think i might have a good plan and layout for this build... i just gotta change the valve cover gasket belts hoses and radiator and im driving and also im not just goint do yank the motor ima drive the 1.8 for a good while but im used to a 3.8 in my 89 bonneville 165hp 211tq but sadly i gotta fix my bird because my dad wants the bonnie back .. and i am going to make a cardoman page once i get the chance

I'm new to the scene ... I'm 18 and i have a 1985 Pontiac Sunbird sedan...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search