Cimarron Interior Seating Options - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cimarron Interior Seating Options
Friday, May 29, 2015 12:51 PM
My Cimarron has seats that are both blue leather and cloth. Does anyone know if this was an option or are these re-upholstered? I'm not having any luck finding option packages that include this combination. She's an '88 with 51,000 miles.

1988 Cadillac Cimarron

Re: Cimarron Interior Seating Options
Friday, May 29, 2015 1:02 PM
Post a photo of them if you can.
Friday, May 29, 2015 4:31 PM

1988 Cadillac Cimarron
Friday, May 29, 2015 7:34 PM
I dunno with the 88's... my 82 is all leather ish material . Quite nice... if you wanna see pics I think there are still some on car domain of the interior.
Friday, May 29, 2015 8:16 PM
I really do not know but,to me that has a factory appearance GM would do.A car with that LOW of miles I would see no reason why the previous owner or owner's would change the upholstery with that combo in my opinion.Looks OK and GM did some odd things between models and changed stuff midyear too to make things extra confusing.They do look fine .A example is I have a 85 type 10 which has a nice cloth interior seating for the coupes and extra's.I came across a exact 85 yr match model but it had the cheapest interior Ever.It was vinyl on the seats and doors and no carpet on the lower doors Like mine,and had no sunroof,or alloy wheels.I guess it was a cheaper version of the Type10 minus the cool features.Then again GM changed versions of options along the way from my vast junkyard experience.

Friday, May 29, 2015 8:53 PM
Looks to me like real original GM. Have never seen a Cimarron with the cloth leather combo in salvage yards around here. Like Ron stated GM did a lot of low production stuff back then, especially at the end of a cars production. Plus that is spot on as far as the material and the "Cimarron" stictihing script.

Saturday, May 30, 2015 5:28 PM
It apparently was an option on the 1988 model http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/cadillac/88cad/54.html

Saturday, May 30, 2015 7:06 PM
Caspian Cloth - cool! Thanks. Here are some pics for your troubles. Enjoy!

"Darlene" is a cherished member of our family and we're happy to show her off.

1988 Cadillac Cimarron
Saturday, May 30, 2015 7:14 PM
Can't figure out how to rotate those 3 so here they are again...

1988 Cadillac Cimarron
Saturday, May 30, 2015 7:27 PM
A Cimarron to certainly be mighty proud of Bob!

Minty-Mint!!

Your thread has finally offered up a solid reason for all the "lower" optioned appointments found in many a GM-J Body found far and wide. That magic phrase called : "Credit Option"

I shall remember that phrase from here on out. I love learning something new!

Saturday, May 30, 2015 10:21 PM
Damn that is freaking clean as I don't know what.WOW impressive.Minty FRESH is my term for a car like that.

Sunday, May 31, 2015 10:32 AM
wow bet it didn't even look that good sitting on the dealer's lot in 1988 . Here's a link to the rest of that Cadillac Borchure http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/cadillac/88cad/88cad.html Cimarron starts on page 52 - 54.

Monday, June 01, 2015 8:02 AM
Thanks for kind words everyone. She is a beauty. I've been looking for a Cimarron for a long time. Before I got my license I would warm up and back out my grandmother's 1985 Cavalier and would detail it like it was mine. This Cimarron is absolutely stock, right down to the freon. We treat her like an old lady with bad bones because we don't want to break anything.

Question: How is everyone fixing the drooping sun visors?

Thanks again and safe travels!

1988 Cadillac Cimarron
Tuesday, June 02, 2015 10:42 AM
Ha! That's the same question I have for my Skyhawk.
Tuesday, June 02, 2015 6:14 PM
Wow - That is one nice clean Cimarron!

Thursday, June 04, 2015 11:13 AM
Thanks Paul.

I've done extensive googling and cannot find a good fix our drooping visors. In the meantime, I've removed them. I really don't want to cut into them and don't want to stick a patch of velcro to the headliner to keep them up so I'll keep looking for a real solution and will update the forum if I come across anything.

1988 Cadillac Cimarron
Thursday, June 04, 2015 1:01 PM
Maybe something gummy in the little holders might keep them from flopping down. I'm going to try that 3M gummy stuff that you can allegedly use on walls to keep stuff up on the wall without a nail. I'm also going to use them to affix a dash cover on my dash as opposed to using the velcro with the sticky backing they want me to use.
Friday, June 12, 2015 10:43 PM
Mine also has the leather/cloth seats. Definitely factory. Not as nice as yours though!

Friday, June 12, 2015 10:49 PM
Dangit. Wish I could edit posts.

See here.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 7:10 AM
Interesting how your seats don't have the Cimarron script on them. GM really did some weird stuff back in the day.

1988 Cadillac Cimarron
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 7:42 AM
Here's another one with the cloth/leather combo for sale right now on Craigslist.

Under 30,000 miles and priced at $12,000. Yikes.

1988 Cadillac Cimarron

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search