Buy My SkyHawk--my journey is over - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Buy My SkyHawk--my journey is over
Sunday, October 07, 2018 5:38 PM
I'm sad to say my journey ends here. I do not have the proper place to keep this car, nor do I have the time/energy/money to keep going.

I pulled off my waterproof (yeah, bull@!#$) cover today, and my new carpet is soaked and the entire car smells of mold. The water leak is at the HVAC door under the hood in the cowling, all it would take is some weatherstripping to stop the leak, but I am done with this. I just don't have the time to devote to the car anymore, and frankly, there's been a lack of desire ever since I got my Miata.

A good jump start and the car will run nice for you after it warms up in colder weather, or in nicer weather it will just run nice. You can see a lot of what I've done in the link to the thread below.

There is a mouse living in the trunk, and one under the hood, both are quite cute, and are yours to keep.

I don't want to screw around with parting this out, so $700 for everything or you take nothing. Everything includes all the extra parts I have which off the top of my head would be a 2nd set of glass, extra tail lights, doors, fenders, Z-24 sidepods with the Z-24 removed, factory 13" five stars, power window parts, and I'm not sure what else, but whatever I find around would also be yours, including the shop manuals from Oldsmobile because my dad had an '84 Ciera and the Firenza was in the same book.

Has around 127,000 miles on it, I've owned it for the past 10 years and 57,000 miles. Belts, timing belt & water pump at 102,000; struts, shocks, catalytic at 115,000; plugs, wire, cap & rotor at 120,000; front brake pads at 120750; master cylinder at 121,500; O2 sensor at 126,000.

you can see several pics from the years in the thread below:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=28&i=18076&t=14727&p=1

I've enjoyed this car and wish I could see it through to the end of the project, but that's just not in the cards for me.

email me: itsmach5@yahoo.com with any questions. The car is located about 15 miles north of Allentown, PA (a one-day drive for 33% of the US population)

Re: Buy My SkyHawk--my journey is over
Monday, October 08, 2018 8:47 AM
Sorry to hear that, Wayne. On that thread, I see pics of work in progress, but any pics of the car after that?
Monday, October 08, 2018 9:38 AM
Hugh Curran wrote:Sorry to hear that, Wayne. On that thread, I see pics of work in progress, but any pics of the car after that?

I have been unable to post pictures here, but since the most recent pics in the thread, progress was under the hood and with the exhaust. I did put new carpet in, but that doesn't matter anymore.

I never did get the sidepods on, among other undone wants.
Monday, October 08, 2018 11:13 AM
Oh well I guess under the circumstances you do what is best for your situation.Good luck on finding a good potential buyer who will take it to the next level with out goobering it up.

Monday, October 08, 2018 1:18 PM
Ron Love wrote:Oh well I guess under the circumstances you do what is best for your situation.Good luck on finding a good potential buyer who will take it to the next level with out goobering it up.

will likely be either here or the (gasp) scrapyard
Monday, October 08, 2018 3:26 PM
Wayne Schiff wrote:
Ron Love wrote:Oh well I guess under the circumstances you do what is best for your situation.Good luck on finding a good potential buyer who will take it to the next level with out goobering it up.

We'll find a buyer before that happens, hopefully to be completed, or to be parted out to help save and prolong the life of other J-Bodies.

I've posted this on a Facebook group that is First Gen centric, and can usually find new owners for cars being sold.
Tuesday, October 09, 2018 4:33 AM
Six_Shooter wrote:
Wayne Schiff wrote:

We'll find a buyer before that happens, hopefully to be completed, or to be parted out to help save and prolong the life of other J-Bodies.

I've posted this on a Facebook group that is First Gen centric, and can usually find new owners for cars being sold.

I didn't know there was a FB group. I haven't been on since August, but thank you for sharing this there. I really hope the car goes somewhere it's wanted.
Tuesday, October 09, 2018 6:01 PM
Wayne Schiff wrote:
Six_Shooter wrote:
Wayne Schiff wrote:

I didn't know there was a FB group. I haven't been on since August, but thank you for sharing this there. I really hope the car goes somewhere it's wanted.

The FirstGen Jbodies group was started about this time last year, and has over 350 members. We share a lot of cars for sale, parts and try to help each other out with whatever is needed to keep these cars on the road, which is why I say we can probably find a new owner as it is that will finish it, or as a last resort, find someone to part it out and keep other first gens on the road. I'd prefer to see it finished by someone and enjoyed.
Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:00 AM
Six_Shooter wrote:
Wayne Schiff wrote:
Six_Shooter wrote:
Wayne Schiff wrote:

The FirstGen Jbodies group was started about this time last year, and has over 350 members. We share a lot of cars for sale, parts and try to help each other out with whatever is needed to keep these cars on the road, which is why I say we can probably find a new owner as it is that will finish it, or as a last resort, find someone to part it out and keep other first gens on the road. I'd prefer to see it finished by someone and enjoyed.

Do you have a link to that group, I couldn't find it.
Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:25 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search