'87 Z-24 tach problem. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'87 Z-24 tach problem.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:14 AM
I just purchased a '87 Z-24 with the electronic gauges. All the gauges work well, but the tach does not work. Is there any little problems I can check for before I start searching for a new gauge cluster. Anyones help would be great. Thanks.

Re: '87 Z-24 tach problem.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:43 AM
i find the digital cluster in general is junk. you can check the tack filter, and see if you have a tack signal behind the cluster (its the white wire, i think its the top left pin on the plug). im guessing you will need to find another cluster.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 5:11 PM
Thanks, were can I locate the tach filter. I tried to remove the cluster today but could not get it out because the steering column is in the way. Will I have to remove the steering column to be able to remove the cluster? I was also wondering if these cars had a hydrolic cluch or not. Mine is a 5 spd. and someone told me it could be ajusted to grab gears faster. If they are hydrolic I dont think it can be ajusted. Thanks again for your help.
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 11:57 AM
It is possible to remove the cluster w/o messing with the steering column but its a PITA
its a lot easier to remove if you lower the column after all its only 2 bolts
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search