Let's see some new pics, fellas. - First Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Let's see some new pics, fellas.
Sunday, May 21, 2006 5:49 PM
I finally broke down and clay bared polished & detailed the Cavalier after several years of just "putting a coat of wax on it". I used a Clay Magic bar (Mother's clay was pricier and I'm cheap), Meguair's cleaner wax followed by their gold class liquid wax & used a craftsman buffer. Not bad for old paint.

That's it for me. Now let's see some new pics of everyone's first gen here ! Summer is just around the corner and its time to CRUISE!!!

Re: Let's see some new pics, fellas.
Sunday, May 21, 2006 6:56 PM

those are both from last summer, no good pics since i got backed into last year. it trashed the header pannel, chipped the hood, rolled the fender around and scratched the bumper bad. also had some dumb kids throwing eggs at it and it pealed a bunch of paint off it. i also curbed a rim and have a bit of rust comming through on the quarter. car is going for a complete re-paint sometime in fall.

Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:26 PM
Damn Sharkey, I didn't realize you sustained some damage this year. Sounds like a rough one, bro. Good luck getting things back into tip-top shape.

BTW- Those kids who threw eggs at it...please tell me they are missing some fingers now.
Sunday, May 21, 2006 9:59 PM
yea i got backed into just after i went through tech at the track, litteraly 10 seconds after i had signed my tech card. and when you sign that tech card, you void your insurance while you are on the property. the guy said he was gonna pay for it, once i got him the estimate, he told me to F off, and insureance company wouldnt look at it. only has cost me $150 at this point (header pannel and a pair of fenders) but i still gotta get the fender on and re-align the front end, aswell as fix the hood then re-paint the car.

never caught the kids that egged it, although i have my suspitions. a couple other guys in my car club all got nailed on the same nights (happened 3 times), so they are after the club.

Monday, May 22, 2006 7:01 PM
Damn! You seem to be taking it well. I would sh*t a brick if someone did that to my cars. Good luck with the repairs. Post up once you're done
Monday, May 22, 2006 7:17 PM
well, happened last october, so im kinda over it. i have the header pannel changed and a fender waiting to go on. i am driving the car still. it wont all be back to the way it should be till i get the rest of the bodywork done and paint it. that wont be done till i get another tranny built (2nd gear syncro is heading out the door) and stand alone ecu on it.

Monday, May 22, 2006 8:56 PM
Gosh if I knew this post was going to be on I would have posted me washing the cav yesterday! It is sitting tight right now under my water proof cover awaiting new axles and off course new suspension (restoration) slated for this summer.I have not driven it much due the input shaft seal leaking and don't want to make it worse.That is my story.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 4:49 AM
here is mine

here what the original look of a z24 in 87

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:15 AM

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:33 PM
Fabian, those last shots with the graffiti are KILLER. Are they for a magazine? They should be! Car looks great, and I really dig the custom front facia you made up.

Ron- Post up some newbies, and good luck with gettng your coupe ready for the summer.
Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:57 PM
nice cars guys, makes me miss mine even more

1st 1st gen on air.....

Saturday, June 03, 2006 9:32 PM
Wow, that red car is very nice. Looks like it would be some serious fun. 3.1 turbo should have great torque.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Saturday, June 03, 2006 11:27 PM
sorry about it being dark outside but this is the most recent pic

Sunday, June 04, 2006 12:57 PM
i noticed the ttle of this thread is lets see some new pics "fellas" what about laides......

Monday, June 05, 2006 4:23 PM
Ylime- Ladies are always welcome! I just threw "fellas" up there because I have the vocabulary of a 5 year old.

Nice shots everyone. Keep them coming and don't be shy about posting pics of your first gen "project cars" either. Seems like there are lots of older J's that are under reconstruction and I always like to see that too!

Rock on
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 5:26 PM
just pulled it out of the garage

still under construction form the 1.8 to 3.1 swap

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 6:07 PM
slooow, hats off to you. Are you in the middle of a 3.1 swap? Looks like it from the pics.

Nice ride, and I dig the color combo
Monday, June 12, 2006 8:05 PM
I will give one of the car as is, and one of the completed hood:

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:13 PM
birdboy wrote:here is mine

here what the original look of a z24 in 87

Holy @!#$! I have just now fallen in love with 1st gen J's. Yours is freaking NICE!.. wow, I never, ever thought I would say that about an older Cavvy.. great job dude, I seriously love it.

1983 Camaro Z28
Friday, August 11, 2006 3:05 PM
Shannen when on earth did you pick up a 1st gen lol.

I can post some pics of mine guys but it won't be the car... just the parts LoL

Friday, August 11, 2006 5:21 PM
sharkey wrote:yea i got backed into just after i went through tech at the track, litteraly 10 seconds after i had signed my tech card. and when you sign that tech card, you void your insurance while you are on the property. the guy said he was gonna pay for it, once i got him the estimate, he told me to F off, and insureance company wouldnt look at it. only has cost me $150 at this point (header pannel and a pair of fenders) but i still gotta get the fender on and re-align the front end, aswell as fix the hood then re-paint the car.

never caught the kids that egged it, although i have my suspitions. a couple other guys in my car club all got nailed on the same nights (happened 3 times), so they are after the club.

wtf!

i would have took a bat to his windshield, windows, and tails/heads... of course while his insurance was voided...

Friday, August 11, 2006 9:53 PM
it was with his truck that he used to tow his trailer with. he still had insurance. doesnt matter though, that car is long gone now.

Saturday, August 12, 2006 8:32 PM
Just taken today - getting ready for Woodward. The interior and engine work will wait until after the big event.

Grand Am rims are a temporary measure to "try" 16s. Note Grand Am under wraps in garage with Sunbird rims - looks pretty good.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 9:55 PM
Here's a link to my Cardomain, it's definately a project.
87 Sunbird GT turbo 2.0L
I'll be updating as I get to it. Also it's going to stay stock........hopefully it will be more of a collector car someday Only thing I do have instore for it would be remote start w/keyless entry.

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:22 PM

Just picked it up this past weekend

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search