gauge swap - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
gauge swap
Monday, February 14, 2005 4:21 PM
I have a 93 cavalier base modle i was trying to find that link to do a gauge swap with a z24 or i4 with a tach but i cant find it dose anyone know where it is? also I have a z24 gauge cluster but i belive its for a phase I so dose anyone know if it will still work? if not i'm willing to sell it for around $40+s&h or trade for a phase II

Re: gauge swap
Monday, February 14, 2005 5:46 PM
u may have to swap the wiring inside the car... im not sure if all ECM pins are the same, and some aren't used or what. (as long as its for the same motor)

im courious if i can hook up my sunbird cluster (gt turbo) to my vl.

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:17 PM
Ok, I found it after looking for a while (I knew it was out there)-

V6 cluster in 4 cyl car How-To

Also- check out the FAQ site thread in this forum for any other questions you might have.

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:36 PM
how about a 4cyl turbo cluster into a 4 cyl non turbo?

2.2L OHV, swapping in a 2.0 OHC Turbo gauge cluster?

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 2:03 AM
Stenger wrote:how about a 4cyl turbo cluster into a 4 cyl non turbo?

2.2L OHV, swapping in a 2.0 OHC Turbo gauge cluster?

Wont fit in the cav dash.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:05 AM
i begg to differ. it's the same lay out (88 sunbird gt turbo, and 90 vl). just position of things are different.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:13 AM
It shouldnt be a problem, the only thing I see that can go wrong when swaping a tach between a 4cyl and a v6 is the tach measures pulses from the coil to measure the rpm. but if you run a tach set up for a 6 on a 4 then it says your doing like 3000rpm when your at like 6000rpm I had that prob putting a tach in my race car you have to cut a few wires to set it up for a 4 but if your swaping a 4 to a 4 there should be no prob.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search