Redline? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Redline?
Monday, June 06, 2005 6:56 PM
Hey, I've got a 93 Sunbird 2.0 5-speed MPFI, and I'm wondering if anyone out there knows what the heck the redline is on those cars. I finally got my aftermarket tach to work (had to tap a computer wire), and I know that the rev limiter kicks in around 6500, but I don't know if GM designed it to kick in before, at, or after the redline, and I don't know if or how far I'm going into the red.

Re: Redline?
Monday, June 06, 2005 7:01 PM
Don't take it past 6k unless you want to blow it up.
taking it past 5500 is hard enough on it.

Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:34 AM
Weebel wrote:Hey, I've got a 93 Sunbird 2.0 5-speed MPFI, and I'm wondering if anyone out there knows what the heck the redline is on those cars. I finally got my aftermarket tach to work (had to tap a computer wire), and I know that the rev limiter kicks in around 6500, but I don't know if GM designed it to kick in before, at, or after the redline, and I don't know if or how far I'm going into the red.

in your sig there it states how many cars you "wooped" on did you really beat a honda civic si? and a grand am gt?? I find that kind of a streach. beangs that you have a 2.0 sohc "non turbo" and si's have over 160 hp stock and grand ams the same way if its a true gt. I would like to know how you really beat them? not to be a dick or anything.

**changes are here**

Thursday, June 09, 2005 4:21 PM
Ive gotten up to 6700rpms on it, but only for a second....if you mean redline for shifting, around 3000 is good...

Friday, June 10, 2005 11:44 AM
Oh ya, someone finally quated me..... I feel Special,

Actually...I'm talking about where the red line starts on the stock tach in cars that came with them.

Hey , 89 Sunbird, you painted your interior almost exactally the same as mine.

And yes, I did really beat those cars, no bull@!#$ting. I just drove better than they did, and yes they where racing me. and yes, they where those trim levels, and yes people that say they outran a viper in thier Cavi are morons. The only corvettes I can beat are the late 70's to 82 models that had about 130HP 350 V8s in them. (if you don't believe me, look it up).

I don't mean to look like an ass or anything (you didn't seem like you where trying to be), but I'm gunna change my sig. I hate people that say they have faster cars than they do, and my sig always ends up being the subject of a post and everything gets all out of hand. BTW I ussally shift around 4grand when I'm just driving around town, I know how to drive, I just wan't to know what the stock tach look like.

Much Love

Friday, June 10, 2005 2:08 PM
pezed wrote:Don't take it past 6k unless you want to blow it up.
taking it past 5500 is hard enough on it.

Hmm, better tell my 2.0L Auto that (too much fun to do it under overpasses in neutral)...

Saturday, June 11, 2005 5:06 AM
I think the factory tach said around 6000, I'll check next time I'm out there to be sure. I have a sunbird gauge cluster with a tach for sale if anyone is interested

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:25 PM

WARNING: I bring nothing to the table.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 8:05 AM
cool, thanx,,

exactly where my rev-limiter kicks in.....he he...

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 1:12 PM
The turbo guage cluster says 6500 and the NA cluster says 6000, I have both and I'm pretty sure thats what it is.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 6:00 PM
Mr.Efficiency (Tyrin) wrote:The turbo guage cluster says 6500 and the NA cluster says 6000, I have both and I'm pretty sure thats what it is.

weak ass NA cars

WARNING: I bring nothing to the table.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search