Power Brake Booster - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Power Brake Booster
Saturday, August 07, 2010 2:59 AM
So I think my power brake booster is failing? I put new pads on the front about 1,000 miles ago. Inspected back brakes seemed ok. Had an issue with e-brake sticking so I disconnected it at the drums. The drivers side front rubber brake line broke replaced line from caliper to master cylinder. Now the brakes work ok not the greatest and it will lose fluid. Can't find any leaks anywhere and it varys as to when it will lose fluid but usually I have to put a small bottle in once every couple of weeks. Anyone have any ideas? I kinda hope to keep this car around for awhile but everything seems to be breaking on it. I have had it for 7 years and has been pretty good, but its old.

Re: Power Brake Booster
Saturday, August 07, 2010 3:02 AM
Andrew Ruschmann wrote:So I think my power brake booster is failing? I put new pads on the front about 1,000 miles ago. Inspected back brakes seemed ok. Had an issue with e-brake sticking so I disconnected it at the drums. The drivers side front rubber brake line broke replaced line from caliper to master cylinder. Now the brakes work ok not the greatest and it will lose fluid. Can't find any leaks anywhere and it varys as to when it will lose fluid but usually I have to put a small bottle in once every couple of weeks. Anyone have any ideas? I kinda hope to keep this car around for awhile but everything seems to be breaking on it. I have had it for 7 years and has been pretty good, but its old.
Tried bleeding the brakes after replacing everything, will try again tomorrow but everything was replaced last fall. I didn't drive the car that much this year maybe 1500 miles. And the losing fluid started after replacing the line and pads. But seems to have gotten worse in the last month, the losing fluid part
Re: Power Brake Booster
Saturday, August 07, 2010 9:31 AM
check your rear brakes, it could be they are badly in need of adjusting, if so they could be pushing brake fluid past the over extended wheel cylinder.
if it's leaking inside the rear drums, you might find a very oily mess when you pull a drum.
second guess would be a leaking / rusted rear brake line.
the fluid is going somewhere, try to find where it's leaking.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search