Hood latch dosent release - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hood latch dosent release
Sunday, February 06, 2011 8:20 PM
i just got a 1990 cavalier vl i don't know if it runs yet because its missing the battery and the hood release lever isn't releasing dose anyone know how i can fix the release lever

Re: Hood latch dosent release
Monday, February 07, 2011 5:28 AM
Not off hand but you can get the hood open with a friend. I have to do this with mine, Have your friend or yourself pull on the hood release while you or they pull up on the hood right where the thatch is, takes a few times so be patient. If you pop off the grille you might be able to get your hands on the latch, been a while since I did that so I can't recall offhand.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:52 PM
if you havent got it yet,get yourself a long ,flat heavy screwdriver and get it between hood and grill and pry big spring off release,then there is a smaller one behind and under big one,pop that one off and hood will open right up,just make sur you put them back on same way!
Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:46 PM
MIne does the same, cable broke. If you reach up behind the bumper to the hood latch, feel for a spring, and pop it to the left it will open. Just tell anyone watching that its your anti-theft device.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search