Wanted parts for 2nd gens (from u pull it yards) - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wanted parts for 2nd gens (from u pull it yards)
Saturday, July 23, 2011 11:33 PM
If there is something you might want that is NO longer made or available my local u pull it has alot of 2nd gens normal sedans and coupes,Z24s Yeah those too.So if I can help out and obtain said parts please post here and I will see what I can do to get it and ship to you(sorry not the whole car)ha.I just have been going alot lately to get some first gen stuff and and scored greatly.I figured a new post for this would be easier to track the post and questions and requests and will try to help out when I can.

Re: Wanted parts for 2nd gens (from u pull it yards)
Sunday, July 24, 2011 12:04 PM
Phase 1 (88-90) strut tower braces are pretty rare. If I were you, I'd grab whatever I found.

Sunday, July 24, 2011 10:31 PM
Have not come across those yet.But will steal at a bargain price of course if I do find one,or more.I am still hoping to find one for mine but the 86 Z I have muled over with lots of good parts did not have one.Dang it.I would so install on mine in a fast minute.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:26 PM
Found 3 strut tower bars.I believe 2 of those are off 1991 models,the other I think was a 1990 kinda tired and can't recall exactly.I am going to another u pull it yard thurs and taking LOTS of tools and hoping for more kick a-- stuff.

Friday, July 29, 2011 7:56 AM
I'd be looking over Z24s for the factory body kits, DOORS (rust out like nobody's business, so if they are in good condition, they are much needed), Z24 sway bars (There are the Addcos but if there's a cheaper option it would be nice), and of course, a cheap source of exterior lights is always good for those having trouble finding them. Vert parts like tops in good shape would go over well, too.

I find a lot of people around my age (28-ish) have a soft spot for these cars. A lot of us had them as our first vehicle. Even on Toyota forums, I mention that I have a Z24 in my yard and at least one or two people pipe up about how they miss their V6 Z24.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, July 29, 2011 1:14 PM
Yup. The bar in the middle is the early bolt pattern. Good find.

Saturday, July 30, 2011 10:29 PM
Well good info and will keep my eyes open.I want to go back maybe monday and get something else.I know they crushed 1 z on last tues(ouch).So I will post up things as I come across them.I know one Z had the side skirt torn(I was like uh how).Anyhow,I def know how to remove doors timely but,can be done with simple tools and some liquid wrench.Thats it for tnight.Worked today,kinda tired.

Monday, October 03, 2011 7:40 AM
I need a seatbelt (the latch portion) front drivers side for a 1989 sunbird. Nobody up here in MT has one in their yard.
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 8:11 PM
Ok I am going thurs and may actually have said belt latch.I assume you mean the plastic housing to the right side that the buckle sticks into right?I will see what I can do.Being you did not state the belt assembly.

Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:50 AM
I could use one of these myself Ron, Drivers side in Black plastic with a black or silver latch cover. Like this one:

From experience take a long beam wrench & you'll need a Torx bit, don't remember the size offhand and you're going to need a whole lot of strength and some WD40 or Liquid Wrench. I tried getting one years ago but that sumbitch bolt would not give lol.
Be careful and have fun

Thursday, October 06, 2011 9:14 PM
Ok went TODAY! The only 89 they have has that light blue interior and the driver side and pass side buckles are said color,and plastic around the metal buckle is cracked,worn kinda junky.I went to another yard monday zero stuff.But I do have a contact to check and see if they have any old J stuff.I will call him friday or monday to see if anything is avail.There is 1 u pull about two hrs from me,and really want to go there bc they have a huge place.Just have to plan on the drive time,and not sure if next wk will fly or not.I am looking!!!!No new 2nd stuff at local upull and they are well organized and very fair on prices.Maybe next wk I can swing that out of my state upull (2hrs) and drive my new civic to say stretch it out over my short drvg I do.

Sunday, October 09, 2011 3:47 PM
I sent you an email also. (Ron)

If you can find me a good set of convertible doors for a 1988-1989 cavalier convertible I will give you $150.00 for each doors..
Sunday, October 09, 2011 9:49 PM
Got it on the vert doors.Not sure if the coupe and vert doors are the same on the 88-89 are they?My guess idk.Just let me know so IF one comes available I can nab them.I may be going to the metal pile to take some junk metal monday and they do have old cars.So if I do I will take the tool box prepared to steal as much stuff (oh buy good old parts) as possible.Just depends on my to do list.Tired as dirt after drvg all day and my trip to take junk may fall short.That's it for now.I can tell you NO verts in the last couple months sedans and one coupe.Both sucketh on parts I can get overall.The yrs 88-89 slim pickings so far.I So want to go north to va to a big yard just to see what they might have.So freaking busy with ten other things lately.

Monday, October 10, 2011 6:28 AM
I need the assembly like Spike J posted. I am not to concerned about color, just need a working one so when my son gets the car he can drive safely.
Monday, October 10, 2011 5:11 PM
I agree with jared; to hell with color, I'll just spray bomb whatever color you come across.

Monday, October 10, 2011 8:09 PM
RIght on.I checked another yard different than most.It was a scrap metal yard had some junk to take a big cast iron double sink,and rotors and drums from the last couple yrs.Did manage to get 44.00 for 420 lbs I was ok that is sweet.Anyhow no Js there at all.But I did make a call to another yard here and guy is going to get back with me to see if they have any 1st/2nd gen stuff for me to get into.I am so hoping for some more goodies.I will see what I can do on the buckles regardless of color.People are turning over there old rides and our stuff seems to be popping up,at least last wk at my favored place.

Saturday, November 05, 2011 9:47 PM
Ok found a yard 30 minutes away.They have 1 89,90,92, and two 93s and I think one or two 94s,I am going MONDAY!!! I will try to remember all the stuff requested for help finding.Forgot about the belt buckles totally,but after reading my post saw it,I know a blue steering wheel (pristine) was asked for strut bars.SO if you are needing something else let me know before monday.I will check here sunday nite late!!!!.I am hoping the clowns around town have no idea how cool these cars are and not touched toooo much.Sorry I will not buy the whole car or eng,trans ha ha ha.I know the 89 is a Z.Just chime in guys

Sunday, November 06, 2011 5:32 PM
hi i'm the new guy here. the yard i go to has about 10 j-body's 88-94. Has a 94 red vert sunbird with mint doors.top looks new.i'll see what he needs for the doors.I need a center counsil for my 90 z24.
Sunday, November 06, 2011 8:48 PM
Ok console I will see if one is available not demolished in use.Long day and pretty tired.Just checking to see if any more request.

Monday, November 07, 2011 7:59 PM
Ok found a belt buckle JARED,you can decide or spike j on color choices black and blue.As for a good intact console,sorry the ones they had toast.Sylvain they have a 89 z with a grey steering wheel in pretty good shape overall.It shows wear on the wheel (hands area) but horn cap nice,and did pull it,to get at some wiring.

Monday, November 07, 2011 8:01 PM
Opps forgot NO strutbars either I had high hopes the Z would have one.I will keep looking.I probably am forgetting something else to share.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 4:44 AM
Sweet . the seatbelt bolt give you any trouble? I'll take the black one if that's ok as it matches my interior.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 7:15 AM
Blue is fine with me. Let me know what I owe you.
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 9:21 PM
Ok now the scary cost of things.Jared and spike just pm me with your full mailing address(and specify if a home or business delivery).I use fedex ground so two days on delivery.Cost of belts 4.00 and I will soley charge just 10.00 shpg just to make it simple.Fedex cost for these is under 1 lb so that is more than fair.So 14.00 total cost shipd.I do use paypal,so if you do as well I will shoot my email to you on the pm stuff,and if u prefer cash,or check is fine too.So once I get your info I will pack the belts up,and drop off fedex.As for the bolts ? nope no problems at all.Spike on the black one I fixed a wiring botch it was just tied together,so I remove elec tape,stripped ends used conn,crimped,and heat shrunk to clean that mess up.I did use upholestry cleaner on both and removed the grit,trash etc so THEY are CLEAN.R the real cost was 3.66 each rounded out just for my drive time.HA I am making big money now.Glad to HELP OUT seriously guys.

Monday, November 14, 2011 1:43 PM
I need hood hinges off a 1987 z24 I also need all the bolts that holds the plenum and valve cover bolts... can you help me

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search