went to the u pull it yard & look what I found - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
went to the u pull it yard & look what I found
Sunday, May 06, 2012 10:03 PM
Hey everyone, check out what I found today..

not in bad shape

turbo missing

then i found this!!!

is that what i think?

I'm pulling that motor tomorrow, taking the day off from work to get it done, I got the motor to build & put in my 89 Z-24 anyone done this swap with tips?

Re: went to the u pull it yard & look what I found
Monday, May 07, 2012 12:18 PM

I'd pull the fender flares, they're quite rare these days and somebody was on here looking for a set a while back.

Now that is very interesting however from the looks of it it was transplanted from a 1990 Grand Prix Turbo considering the tag got oversprayed still worth pulling though

Monday, May 07, 2012 4:11 PM
Wow. I've been looking for one of those UIMs for a few years now. Good find.

I remember one guy who did a direct swap like that. I can't remember his name though.

Monday, May 07, 2012 7:46 PM
Neat find and hope it works out and who knows what it might need.Seeing two turbo js is something I have yet to see here in my yards(turbo is a no see ) but any other set up is norm.Good find and post how things go pulling it out.I myself still need a engine stand for my spare eng I got last yr specific for my car/and the ECM is a must have so do not FORGET to get it .Glove box side just pull it out makes removing it easier in case you did not know.

Monday, May 07, 2012 9:51 PM
Thanks for all the tips, guys it's appreciated
I'm going back after the strut tower brace & I will get those fender flares too. If you need anything let me know.
Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:01 AM
Spike J wrote:
I'd pull the fender flares, they're quite rare these days and somebody was on here looking for a set a while back.

Now that is very interesting however from the looks of it it was transplanted from a 1990 Grand Prix Turbo considering the tag got oversprayed still worth pulling though

Got the motor complete with trans for under $400

25% of engines yesterday always helps!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search