Goodbye, Old Friend.... - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Goodbye, Old Friend....
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:06 PM
Hi, all….
It’s finally time to unload my 1989 Sunbird 2.0L Turbo SE coupe. I’m letting it go as a unit, rather than parting it out, so this is a “U Come and Get It” situation. The vehicle is located on the far SE side of Indy… About 9 months ago, I sold the ‘Bird to my g’Daughter for $1 – with most everything working OK. But week-by-week, things started to go awry – not her fault! Until 1 year ago, the 'Bird was my daily driver....
The straw that broke the camel’s back was that the engine finally developed a rattle midway in the block, at cyl location #2 or #3 about 2 weeks ago, and hasn’t been started since. This vehicle/engine had gone 233,000+mi, with the engine never being touched… (But most other functions had been replaced, along the way.) The ’89 SE turbo coupe is a fairly rare ‘Bird, and a bit lighter than the GT.
Particulars are as follows: 5-spd manual x’mission; the ECU’s been chipped, allowing quite a bit more than the 12.5psi stock boost; A/C; manual sun roof; nearly new tires and a brand new gas tank. Although rust is finally creeping into the quarter panels and door bottoms, the interior is in pretty good shape, which includes headliner replacement a few years ago, but the radio acts pretty funky, until things ‘warm up’ – suggesting front speaker replacement. The “hidden headlamps” work fine, and there’s no turbocharger/wastegate issues. The vehicle has a rather complete service history, and includes the Helm shop manual as part of the package. Reasonable offers will be considered…
Since I’ve had trouble posting pix of the vehicle on the J-Body site, interested parties please drop me a request via email, and I’ll get a JPEG to you.
Take care,
Moe Whittemore

Re: Goodbye, Old Friend....
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:22 PM
mail sent

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search