shifter bushing - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
shifter bushing
Thursday, May 09, 2013 3:34 AM
This has to have been covered but I don't see it, sorry if I repeat.

The bushing between the shifter arm and the shifter road is totally shot on my '94 Cavalier 5 speed. A search on line does not give me much help locating parts or information.

dave

Re: shifter bushing
Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:16 PM
I am no 2nd gen guru but I think I understand what you need.I have zero idea on the where to buy or etc.James cahill probably knows being he is know how on this gen and or rob dotter.They might chime in on this and answer this.I would have to do some searching to figure it out myself.

Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:32 PM
http://rodneydickman.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=41 - shifter rebuild kits
http://www.v6z24.com/specs/mantrans - Tranny Info
You need to know which tranny you have. You can compare the pictures and email him. I have not bought one yet but I will be buying a rebuild kit from him and cables. I would email him before ordering to confirm. Are you sure the shift is bad and not the cables. Easy way to tell is have someone wiggle the shifter and see if the cables move or take the console out and see if there is play on the shaft of the shifter.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Monday, May 13, 2013 9:37 PM
I took the cover off and the shifter arm bushing is totally destroyed.
dave
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 3:10 PM
Rodney isn't going to confirm whether or not it will fit your car. He makes all his parts specifically for Fieros, it just so happens that some of his parts fit J bodies.

Some of his cable bushings will fit, others won't. The shifter rebuild kit (with the bronze bushings) will work in any 1/2 gen J body shifter. The bushings I recommend for cable ends are- www.boogerbushings.com. You want the "Mopar half set (for shifter end only)". They are direct fit for both ends of our cables (not just the shifter end) and work great.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search