after over 6 years of great service the 91 VL is going bye bye - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
after over 6 years of great service the 91 VL is going bye bye
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:10 PM
one of the toughest little cars that i have ever owned, a 91 cavalier VL is going to be going down the road. im tired of my wife complaining about her car, its a 1987 bonneville southern car, its actually in fairly good shape; it has a reman engine with 30,000 miles on it. she wants some a little newer, i found a 96 bonneville from florida, very clean car series II 3800 with only 60K on the engine, well i cracked im buying her the 96 bonneville for $1,400. well the end result is the 87 bonneville is in much better shape then the VL cavalier so im going to sell the VL and keep the 87 for my winter car. i do not drive my RS convetible in the winter, she's mighty clean and there are so few of those verts left. im going to be selling the vl for $400. the VL has served me well but she's tired, the interior is shot, and the paint is terrible. i will still have my RS convertible, i love that car and it going to be with me for quite some time, especailly because i dont drive it in the winter.

i probably put close to 100K miles on that VL and it NEVER left me on the side of the road. extermely reliable.

Re: after over 6 years of great service the 91 VL is going bye bye
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:22 PM
its kind of odd that she doesnt like the 1987 bonnevile but does like the 1996 bonneville, what 9 years difference, in my opinion they are both old so it doesnt matter. but she complains bitterly about the color of the '87. i guess we all know how women are they complain about the color, guys dont give a hoot. well if $1400 is all it takes to make her happy who am i to complain??
Re: after over 6 years of great service the 91 VL is going bye bye
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:50 PM
Dont feel bad my wife wont drive our 92 Sunbird cause something happens to it everytime she drives it.

I told not to drive it anymore cause it doesn't like her, to drive the 90 Silverado long bed, everything works in it , but its too large .

Can't win with women and automobiles.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search