door window gaskets - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
door window gaskets
Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:15 PM
well my car is a convertible but the gasket in the window guide near the front of door, its near mirror area kind of needs to be replaced. its still there but its a little dry rotted. can these be sourced from anywhere? does anyone make them or have any NOS items for this? the window felts are shot too but i think you can get these from JC whitney. seems like the mechanical parts for these cars are easy to get. pretty much any autozone, advanced, or napa has parts for these cars or can get them fairly easily. its all of the other stuff that's going to drive me nuts.

Re: door window gaskets
Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:37 PM
Well the window sweep(aka known as a window belt) are no longer made.Unless you can source some from either gmpartsdirect OR nalleygmcparts (something like that on the nalley name) OR soffseal which is supposed to be offering full sets of the window sweeps (no pics avail) yet on there site.Some have bought rubber seals for sweeps in the general stock items and you cut to fit,glue on,rivet on there are several ways to mod these to work.I have some 2nd gen sweeps but,I would have to LOOK at my inventory as the vert has a VERY specific design at the end going towards the door jamb(lock end) where it is flat and not notched out like a coupe for the window glass metal channel going up.Let me poke thru my stuff and see what I have.I will say the 2nd gen sweeps are somewhat complicated to remove as they have like 3 set screws in different points and that is a whole nother story.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:40 PM
thanks

you are very helpful i appreciate the help on a car that most people could car less about. i actually once had someone tell me that the reason i drive a 91 cavalier is because i have bad credit. i laughed at him, told him to shut his mouth. i have a 780 credit score i drive this car because that what i grew up with, and frankly i like it. the modern cars that like aka camaro and corvette are out of my price range. im not taking out a loan to buy a piece of crap like a cruze.

anyways thanks for the help.
Friday, June 27, 2014 9:37 PM
Anytime.I have tried to learn as much as I can since 1998 when I bought my cav from my sister and just went on the learn as much as I can spree.I have spent many hours in the junkyards finding or getting back parts as these cars are becoming more difficult to find specific items not made anymore.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search