Reverse Lights - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Reverse Lights
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:52 PM
I dont know if it is because this car was sold here, but my 92 Sunbird uses 889 Reverse bulbs ( halogen) but all web sites state that it should be 1156 bulbs instead.

I have taken them out and they are indeed like the "plug in headight type" reverse bulbs.

Just wondering what you guys have in your stateside Sunbirds?

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Re: Reverse Lights
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:47 PM
I will say the 1156 single filament twist in bulb is standard for the typical reverse light bulb here in the states.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 4:45 PM
Thanks Ron, probally an " Export Car Requiremnt " ..... I remember GM added special lighting on export cars to Europe back in the day.

One of mine finally bit the dust after 23 years......................................

They dont make bulbs that last that long anymore.............plenty of new cars with blown out bulbs running around here.......................

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Saturday, May 30, 2015 4:33 PM
92Sunbird PuertoRico wrote: They dont make bulbs that last that long anymore
They don't make NOTHING that last that long anymore
Looking through my parts book (US, Chevrolet J) it only list the 1156. So yeah, it must be a special export item for your car.
Saturday, May 30, 2015 6:05 PM
Thanks, Butch

Doug in P.R.
Attachments
889 bulb.jpg (9k)

Thursday, June 04, 2015 7:14 PM
1156's in the states. Thanks for the tip just finished refurbbing my 93 cavy, this is my next up grade
Wednesday, July 22, 2015 3:52 PM
Finally got the EBay replacement in ( half the price of the parts store bulbs)

Here's what a 23 year old bulb looks like after being in a salt air enviroment........

Doug in P.R.
Attachments
DSCN2042.JPG (75k)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search