PART NEEDED BAD! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PART NEEDED BAD!
Monday, September 26, 2016 9:56 AM
Hey guys, i need a Crankshaft timing gear. Part number 90156062 for a 2.0 engine!!! this stupid part is apparently impossible to find! Also need a harmonic balancer for a 2.0 but thats not a must. I HAVE to get this timing gear to get my car running again. IF anyone has one they would sell to me let me know please. Thankyou!

89 355 s10 blazer
94 sunbird, 2.0 turbo 5spd getrag swap
Turbonetics turbo, intercooler, E85 20psi

Re: PART NEEDED BAD!
Monday, September 26, 2016 4:39 PM
2 on ebay BEE, 1 in Poland and 1 in Germany and they both ship to the US. Just punch in that GM part # and they show up.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:18 PM
http://oemcats.com/oem-parts/90156062.html See if this fits the issue.I know no picture but,I would contact the company prior to buying anything.I checked ALL of my gm parts sites for OLD parts and nothing.It come's up NLA!!!! I also would like to know the spec's for the said engine.Year model,sunbird I know.The engine year I figured as a 1990.The more details I can do what I do best find or at least give a answer finding parts available or not.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:36 PM
Hey! thankyou guys for the help, I think i found something tho!

all the gears from 94 clear back to the 1.8's are ALLL the same... that being said i found a website tho that still had some!

www.gmpartsonline.net

Enter the part number or search by car ( 90 pontiac sunbird, 2.0 turbo )

If you click the 2,0 OHC pic and go to the number 17 crank gear it says discontinued but it doesnt say out of stock, so i put one in cart and paid for it 2 days ago, we will see!

89 355 s10 blazer
Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:38 AM
I hate it when that happens.

The original on my '83 had 1/3 of the cogs missing at 100k. One fall day in 1991, it quit 1/2 mile from home. I PUSHED that sucker all the way back. Cranks but won't start. No injector pulse, no spark. Coil checked good, ignition module checked good, timing belt was tight. I was puzzled.

The bottom pulley had stripped the cogs off the belt. It was tight, but it wasn't turning. It was real hard to see when working by yourself...

-Matt

82 Skyhawk Convertible: https://goo.gl/j7R6Cu
83 P/2K Turbo: http://goo.gl/EVKPX6
86 Firenza Cruiser: "Jack-Wagon" https://goo.gl/bWP2uK
87 Skyhawk Custom: http://goo.gl/krdDeU
90 Sunbird GT: "Turbo-Turd"
93 Sunbird Convertible: "FrankenBird"
(and a pair of Cavaliers I'd rather not talk about)
Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:09 AM
what a let down. After 3 days I call and ask for an update and they say sorry, the part is discontinued and not avaliable, we will have to return your money.

Ron, I dont really see anything on that page.

89 355 s10 blazer
Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:32 AM
Just ordered one from Poland....

roughly 25 us dollars converted.....free shipping LMFAO

89 355 s10 blazer
Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:11 PM
Let us know how it turns out Bee.........................glad to help, member "Drivesa5" gets alot of stuff for his OHC's from Europe also.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:18 PM
The link I shared did not have the picture I know.But the site is current and that is all I could really go on.I have a spare 2.0 ohv engine complete and that is my back up.If I come across any further finds that are legit I will post it.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 3:11 PM
Bee , an update?

Doug in P .R.

Sunday, January 15, 2017 11:40 PM
"Well the sunbird can go back together. Had a crankshaft saga..
Timing gear runs timing belt... harmonic balancer bolts to timing gear.
Timing gear is slip fit with a woodruff style key.
Gear was trashed, had to order gear from Poland. Find the key was starting to sheer. Had to find some new woodruff keys from gm. Had some in louisiana.
Inspect crank and keyway is very wallered out. Gear fits a little loose. Timing would have been all over the place again and eventualy fail.
My idea was to pin the crank which involves drilling a hole thru the crankshaft and gear centered between the two to privide a tight fit for a steel Dowell pin to drive in between the two to prevent movement.
Next obsticle, no fixture is made to use as a drill jig, only LS style engines and some Chrysler and a few others on the market that have PRESS fit style balancers have them avaliable. So what i did is take an LS pin kit, and create my own CRUDE looking cam-centric style bolt to position the jig to line up with my 2.0 size crankshaft."

Also replaced a BUNCH of engine stuff.. New head, water pump, timing components, ignition system, planed all exhaust flanges, took out wet interior, found 4 RUST HOLES... pathched them all up

Cant remember if i posted on here but i flooded the car and hydrolocked the engine...

Anyways, cars been running great. Had about 30 hours in repairs this go around, it was almost as time consuming as the turbo swap, fixing the engine and gutting interior and repairing rust ect. oh well! shes a fun reliable daily!
Attachments
crank3.jpg (89k)
crank2.jpg (83k)
crank5.jpg (70k)
crank4.jpg (74k)
crank1.jpg (91k)

89 355 s10 blazer

Sunday, January 15, 2017 11:41 PM
more
Attachments
rust2.jpg (135k)
rust1.jpg (125k)
eng1.jpg (115k)
crank7.jpg (88k)
crank6.jpg (94k)

89 355 s10 blazer
Sunday, January 15, 2017 11:42 PM
more
Attachments
rust6.jpg (128k)
rust5.jpg (116k)
rust7.jpg (66k)
rust4.jpg (133k)
rust3.jpg (139k)

89 355 s10 blazer
Monday, January 16, 2017 11:17 AM
Great job on the repairs Bee.............excellent idea on the crank fix....................Poland part on the money correct? How long did it take to get it with free shipping lol?

Doug in P.R.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search