Feed back on new easystreet struts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Feed back on new easystreet struts
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:26 AM
Other than the extra 1" of height complaint Ive found in searches, how are these performing? Just had to buy replacement for my old design due to a broke strut, and i got the new ones from air lift.

Re: Feed back on new easystreet struts
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:59 AM
i haven't had any trouble

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:50 PM
if anything im likin' the new mount design.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 3:20 PM
i wish i was rich like you! those look pretty

Thursday, April 22, 2010 3:21 PM
are you going to raise the spindle mount on these?

Thursday, April 22, 2010 7:32 PM
yeah i about broke myself on car parts last few weeks, had to buy these however since i broke one of them. Cant be having a non drivable show car lol. Called up Mike a gauge magazine, and he made me a deal on them, he said they were that last ones the air lift had, apparently they are discontinued.

They are very pretty, almost dont wanna install them they smell good too lol.

Bet ur azz im gonna raise the perches, Im gonna install them as they are first to see how i like them, take measurment and go from there. Im looking forward to using the sleeve bag and the new mount design. I'll have my OEM mounts left over if they work out.
Sunday, April 25, 2010 1:45 PM
godamnit these things set high. theyre layed out at my old ride height lol, but talk about hella lift.
Sunday, April 25, 2010 5:11 PM
thats why i switched back... might as well have coilovers in the front

Sunday, April 25, 2010 6:42 PM
well i didnt have any choice, my old one was broken beyond repair.
Thursday, April 29, 2010 6:49 PM
got it out for a rode today, new design rides 100% better than my old ones. Altho 2" from the ground is unacceptable
Thursday, April 29, 2010 8:23 PM
Spencer wrote:got it out for a rode today, new design rides 100% better than my old ones. Altho 2" from the ground is unacceptable

I'm sure you'll figure something out. Time to start cutting. lol

Friday, April 30, 2010 12:47 PM
Looks nice. would you be intrested in selling the other old strut, I had one blow out and just need one?
Friday, April 30, 2010 3:20 PM
Do you just need the bag or the whole strut? I have the bag that is still good from the broken strut, as far as the strut itself the mounts have been relocated and will not match your other.
Friday, April 30, 2010 4:29 PM
damn, i need a strut, I've got a good bag myself, but my adjuster shot through the side of my strut housing and I haven't been wanting to drop the cash for 2 front struts.
Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:43 AM
My struts pop when i first fill them from layed out. the air spring seems to go past the taper on the bottom and pop back when you fill it
Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:21 PM
Started cutting today.
Freshly removed tab, smoothed out the leftover welds.

Starting to mod the tab mount to make room for the adjuster knob in its new position.

Notch completed.

Now we have room, just gotta get a burr bit to grind down the left over weld in the inside. Used a rotary cutter to cut the weld on the inside.

The new position will be 2"-2.25 up the strut body. Going to tack it in with my MIG and mock it up to make sure everything clears then have it profesionally TIG stitch welded better than new
Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:25 PM
me next bro! i need to do that to mine, sold my new easys and my 20's depressing month

Sunday, May 16, 2010 4:09 AM
that is my next step. are you gonna need to notch the subframe for control arm clearance
Sunday, May 16, 2010 7:55 AM
already did so

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:46 PM
I knew this would happen. lol. looks awesome man. You gotta get some pics up when you get those done.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 9:03 AM
running them to the weld shop tonight hopefully done soon! My club is hosting a show on the 6th plus some cruise-in's

Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:03 PM
ok got my welding done tonight. TIGed it up similar to the original MIG tacks.

Good CV clearance.

Test fitted, everything clears .

Thats better.

All in all the perch was raised 2", made it flush with the bottom of the strut. Actually just like the old version of the struts, flush was one inch higher. Tomorrowill remove them again and clean them up and hit them with a coat of charcoal Krylon Hamm-R coat to closely restore the stock finish.
Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:35 PM
@!#$ ya!

Friday, May 28, 2010 7:21 AM
sexy low once again

Friday, May 28, 2010 5:49 PM
Im getting good at removing struts from J's lol.

Used my wire wheel attachment and removed most of the old paint. Removed the knob again and masked over the hole and taped up the air bag.

Ended up using Duplicolor wheel paint in metallic graphite since i couldnt find Hamm-R. Good thing too because its a damn near perfect match! Then followed up with the matching clear, on of the best rattle can clears i have used BTW.

Looks like it never happened .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search